RCZ's - how many left?

When in France, as the waitress brought our account to settle, I said to her "Merci mon chaton" and she blushed. Later when reviewing my statements, there was no record of my payment from the restaurant. I can charm the birds out of the trees . . .

Translate: Thank you my kitten.

Mike I know you are jumping out of your underpants to get your devilish mits on an RCZ. You're like looking in a lolly shop through the shop front window.

attachment.php

It's a great thread I started. Lots of banter and cheek. And a bit of scolding on both sides . . . :cry:

Let it continue, because I haven't seen an RCZ thread gather such interest. And about time.

And not to mention links to RCZ stuff.

I'm leaving ya all, with some blues, to sooth our contentions souls.

Great blues jam.

I saw John Mayall at His Majesties Theatre in Hay St (Perth) - before they renovated it. (1971)
This reminded me of the fifteen minute jam he performed. Got lucky on the way home too . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRK6QpajpXQ

Attachments

• PEUGEOT-RCZ-4094_49.jpg
    PEUGEOT-RCZ-4094_49.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 583
Last edited:
I already had an RCZ in France, it was nice. The worst thing about it is you can't see the styling from inside the car. My wife encourages me to get another when it becomes legal here.....in 2026. By then I may have moved on...we will see.

I'll stir the pot :)

The RCZ still isn't quite as pretty as a 406 coupe, and the 406 is hands-down better to drive.

I used to think I might import a 406C to Canada in 2014 (back in around 1999) but I got over them too. The 404C has been with me thirty years so she gets priority!

The 406C is smooth and all that but it's perhaps a little anodyne. Very elegant car though. The RCZ was in your face with its looks - a very different prospect.

The 406C is smooth and all that but it's perhaps a little anodyne. Very elegant car though. The RCZ was in your face with its looks - a very different prospect.

Agreed. Very different styles. But I think the 406 will age better than the RCZ, particularly the early RCZs which already look a bit ungainly and dated.

I've also thought - particularly with the later RCZs - that the front looks much more aggressive than the rear, almost as if it was two different cars. It just doesn't gel particularly well for me.

I'll stir the pot :)

The RCZ still isn't quite as pretty as a 406 coupe, and the 406 is hands-down better to drive.

Maybe more comfortable I would rather be late on the stoppers into a corner in the rcz. But comparing the two is not apples and apples

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Fix it right the first time

Agreed, 406 is absolutely beautiful and timeless in comparison, and a fantastic sounding V6 beats a turbo any day in my book - I don't agree it's a better drive though.

Actually, it wasn't Peugeot 1st, 2nd and 3rd - but perhaps you should do your own research :D

Oh dear . . . :violin:
Then, I'm not sure who won the race. :trouslap:
Maybe you can tell me after you take a geezer at this: :cancan:

What a sight, last lap of the 24 Hour Le Mans 2009, with Peugeot placing 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

And two Aussies placing No. 1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EZEYJ2OHfY

Or are you getting confused with the RCZ Mk2, placing 1st and 2nd in this race.

Gorgeous Racing RCZ's. The video is great. And a form finish, even.

https://www.johngrose.co.uk/news/te...nd-2nd-place-in-their-class-at-bathurst/10093

Last edited:
The brabham boys have been good for peugeot still got the under the sign of the lion poster from the 905. Shame the 908s had that oil problem would have been to years in a row again.

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Fix it right the first time

Oh dear . . . :violin:
Then, I'm not sure who won the race. :trouslap:
Maybe you can tell me after you take a geezer at this: :cancan:

What a sight, last lap of the 24 Hour Le Mans 2009, with Peugeot placing 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

And two Aussies placing No. 1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EZEYJ2OHfY

Or are you getting confused with the RCZ Mk2, placing 1st and 2nd in this race, or maybe you haven't researched it enough.

Gorgeous Racing RCZ's. The video is great. And a form finish, even.

https://www.johngrose.co.uk/news/te...nd-2nd-place-in-their-class-at-bathurst/10093

The three 908s may have crossed the line in formation, however I think from memory one of them was about a dozen laps behind. Audi took third.

There was a fourth 908 also.... Pescarolo ran the previous year's config 908, but they came a long way down the field (40th+?).

Although I'm not sure 908s have much relevance to RCZs?

Saw one in Cairns yesterday, blue, I think ... plated ‘ I LMA O ’, anyway.

Was it? ok it was the silver roof that struck me ...
They are rare. And you were lucky. Dolphin Blue with either a black or the blue.It was the silver arches you noticed. Great shape.The silver arches were replaced with black arches when the Mk 2 RCZ was released. (2013).

Attachments

• PEUGEOT-RCZ-4094_49.jpg
    PEUGEOT-RCZ-4094_49.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 183