RCZ's - how many left?

Xoxo

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Fix it right the first time

OK. Shocks now fitted to the French Tart.

Now, where do I start? Dropped off the Tart for it’s Munroe shock fix and returned when advised. To my concern the Shock Shop had closed for the day and no one was to be seen. The keys to the Tart were lying on the front floor and a note pinned to the steering wheel said, ‘No charge. Free service’.

I looked under the car and the Munroe’s were there, so I thought, ‘What luck.’

However, as I drove the Tart home, the handling had degraded to that of a drunken hobo on ice skates. It was dangerous.

Next day I sped back to the Shock Shop, only to find it closed down with a FOR SALE sign up. No one was there!

I went home feeling miserable, and only became more miserable when I saw on the TV news that night that a set of four Peugeot shocks went at an auction for $750,000. I looked at the shocks on TV and to my astonishment realised they were mine!

They were purchased by an eccentric Pug owner who mostly had last century models and even a 19[SUP]th[/SUP]century Pug with wooden spoke wheels. He stated that he had purchased the Pug shocks as an investment, saying that in two years they will be worth $1,000,000.

If only I had listened. If I had known, I would have ripped the Pug shocks out, auctioned them myself, and trashed the rest of the car.

Authors note: the above is a story of pure fiction.

REALITY:

Yes, Munroe shocks were fitted professionally. The shop tested the old shocks and found that three were 40% worn while the forth was 55% worn.

I didn’t expect a 40% improvement in handling etc, however there was a noticeable difference in feel, braking, cornering and NVH reduction. I would say a 15% - 20% improvement, which is par for the course.

So all ends well and I am very happy with the results. RECOMMENDED.

Over and out, I won’t be back.

Oh, by the way, I have the old worn shocks. I’m selling them for $500,000. Interested?

Sounds like you are the brash one chief I dare say you’ll be asking for help/advice before anyone is asking you but more power to you

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring

The RCZ is actually a bloody fast car for its day, and much more fun to drive that expected.

I remember the motor / wheels test many years ago when it was released. Subaru WRX was 0-100 in 5.7 or something, RCZ was about 7.5, but the RCZ was 3 or so seconds quicker around Wakefield. They just raved about its cornering / braking abilities. I agree, it's grip was very impressive (I did also have wider wheels on mine).

It won Top Gear coupe of the year when released, which is big given they generally spend half of each episode paying out on Peugeot in general!

Sounds like you are the brash one chief I dare say you’ll be asking for help/advice before anyone is asking you but more power to you

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE

Brash? Brazen more so, from you. I have never seen someone cut and paste from another non-related thread before, not to prove a point. Shows a nasty vindictive streak you have, my friend.

The RCZ UK forum members are loving that thread, seeing you highlighted it, and especially my fictional story. They are amazed at the negative vitroel posted from so-called Peugeot fans. Some are saying the enemy is within. Are you one of them? Went up 175 views in 24 hours, mainly from overseas RCZ forum members. They are :roflmao:

Now if you don't like RCZ's, then please go away.

ps: Re giving advice? Check out this thread I created - 'Dreaded carbon build-up . . .' Now, clocked up about 18,000 views. I must have helped at least one punter out.

Last edited:
Didn’t say I didn’t like the rcz xoxo

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE

Can you provide a reference for this gem?

I just love gems . .

Sure: (from an article by Hemmings)
"The double bubble, as this roof treatment became known, was first used on some of the later 1952-1955 Fiat 8V Competiziones that Zagato bodied, and it was subsequently used on privately commissioned one-offs like the lovely 1954 Maserati A6G/54 2000 Zagato Coupe and 1957 AC Ace Bristol Zagato Coupe. More reasonably priced cars also received the double bubble roofline in this era, such as 1957's Alfa Romeo 1900 C Super Sprint Zagato and Lancia Appia Gran Turismo Zagato. Italy's sports car jewel, better that a gem), Ferrari, was also the basis for a few double bubble Zagato coupes, including three long-wheelbase 1956 250 GTs."

My Modena F1 - maintained by my Master Mechanic nephew. Oh no! No d-b roof on this babe. Only goes out every fortnight for a 100 kilometre run early in the mornings.

Click on this:
IMG_0159-1 copy.jpg

Trivia - when my nephew changed oil and filter, he pulled out the dip-sick and let a small drop of oil fall on his finger tip, and then licked it off. I did the same. Never did that before, but there is always a first time.

Last edited:
I'm not convinced. In Europe (France in particular), RC is (or was when I lived there, ~08-10) a common designation to the sportier models of Peugeots. Where down-under we might have received a 206 GTi, the same spec was sold in Europe as a 206RC. Same with 307, etc. None of them I would describe as 'racing concept'.

I suspect it is a further development of the Peugeot RC, a concept car built in the early 21st century. Adding a 'Z' to the end of a designation was just the trend at the time.

I'm not convinced. In Europe (France in particular), RC is (or was when I lived there, ~08-10) a common designation to the sportier models of Peugeots. Where down-under we might have received a 206 GTi, the same spec was sold in Europe as a 206RC. Same with 307, etc. None of them I would describe as 'racing concept'.

I suspect it is a further development of the Peugeot RC, a concept car built in the early 21st century. Adding a 'Z' to the end of a designation was just the trend at the time.

More for you here. Z this and Z that! Great subject, now hitting 500 views . . . :dance:

Peugeot RCZ Forum ? RCZ? : Peugeot RCZ General

Back to music, as a fill in: I prefer SMZ.

Simple Minds:

These two boys were born in the same city as my father - Glasgow, Scotland. Two very talented boys. School friends from the start.
Jim Kerr - with his melodic voice and knee bending antics,
Charlie Burchell - with his seductive guitar licks that beautifully permeate the song.
and...
It does not come much bigger than this:
Full rock band ensemble.
3 chick backup singers.
38-piece orchestra
60 member back choir.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhaHLoK3CF4

I think I saw someone in the audience waving a Peugeot RCZ flag!

Last edited:
And just for fun, there was the short Peugeot 104 ZS (and ZS2), the Z denoting that it formerly was the 104 Coupé. Two door 104s all had the Z name after about 1975 or thereabouts.