RCZ's - how many left?

SLC206 - Thank you for the brochure. I love it. The site is experiencing server and host problems at the moment. Frustrating. I'm giving it a rest.My RCZ Mk 2, is Opal White. (solid). Looks cute.Mine was one of the last sold in Oz. Actually manufactured in Oct 2013 and wasn't registered until Feb 2015. They are rare Pug's, that's for sure, and I have never seen a Dolphin Blue RCZ. There are about twelve on the Gold Coast, that I know off. (info from dealership). They turn a head, like a Ferrari.

Amongst all of the banter, I’ve read very little about the numbers of RC-Zs!

I wish that I could say that I own one. I don’t. There is, however, a gunmetal grey RC-Z running around in Wagga Wagga. It’s owned by a “Steven” (I think I remember correctly) who either works for one of the local community radio stations, or is a voluntary on-air presenter there.

He told me that he bought it for a bargain price from the Peugeot dealer in Canberra. And he absolutely loves driving it.

I see him and the car regularly, and the car definitely still turns heads. Not just mine.

2 x RCZ spotted in my hood today the R version was outside the dentist so guessing its fun can.
Dont see these on the Sunny Coast until the was posted so I bet there as still plenty hiding ifor weekend only use.

Sent from my SM-G900I using aussiefrogs mobile app

I believe that about 700 RCZ's were exported to Australia. I went to the showroom to see one, but didn't insist on a test drive. That was 2010, when I purchased the French Tart. I had to wait until 2018 to own my own. And what a great pre-loved (really) RCZ I got.

Also, 35 RCZ-R's came in and sold quickly.

Sales were very low, compared to its rival, Audi TT. However, Pug made 68,000 units over six years.
To clear the last remaining stock, Peugeot Oz dropped the price by $6,000 in 2015.

Last edited:
Gold Coast Hinterland.

Attachments

• IMG_1783 copy.jpg
    IMG_1783 copy.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 220
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• rear.jpg
    rear.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 488
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 487
Last edited:
Who ever did this is a cannibalistic nutter all right . . .

But, ha, I got him/her. The Sport badge is a genuine Pug part. I have one (came stock) on my 207cc Sport. It sits under the 207 cc badge on the boot lid. Distinguishes it from a 'gurlie car' 207cc. Also the Sport model, has 'Peugeot Sport' badges on the bottom front doors.

Got him!

attachment.php
attachment.php

It looks like an RCZ's little sister even. It's the roof arch that does it.
;)

Attachments

• IMG_0333.jpg
    IMG_0333.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 529
  • IMG_0338.jpg
    IMG_0338.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 559
Last edited:
Took the RCZ down the M1 (Qld) to Kingscliff today. I sat on the speed limit - 100/110kph. When passing I was amazed that when looking at the speedo, it was reading 140kph, after a 3/4 second flooring.

Yes, to all Pug fans rejoice, what an eye gawker it is.

People do not see hardly any RCZ's, and when they do they stop, and look. We had looks from 16 yr olds to 40+. One Audi kept to my right rear, as in formation. He was taking a good look.

Being still a bit of a 'boy-racer', I play with the rear spoiler and mostly have it manually up when on motorways, however it did see it rise automatically when I reached 120 kph once. Comes up in two stages. Half at 80 kph (which you can't see from the driver's seat) and full at 120 kph, which you can see the tip of it.

I wonder if Pug will build another sports car as exotic as the RCZ?

For those who have joined this thread at the end, this is a good update for RCZ knowledge.

https://www.carshowroom.com.au/reviews/peugeot-rcz-review-and-road-test/

And this is great to watch. Great soundtrack to boot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO7640kTUeM

Last edited:
I’m sure that I won’t be able to afford one if and when they do. However, I think that they always make great looking sports cars, so my hope is that they do. And soon!

They were a bit down on the car in this review! ;)

Is this video working for anyone else? I get a message to say that it isn’t available.

I have been having trouble with YouTube for a couple of days since I tried to change my password, but other videos seem to be working properly.

Thanks, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using aussiefrogs

found this, from 9/'14, while cleaning out my email;

'... Get ready for the New Peugeot RCZ R. The fastest production car Peugeot has ever built combines the high level performance of a sports coupe with exceptional efficiency. The RCZ R was developed by Peugeot Sport to be track ready, ensuring it's a thrilling drive every day.

Producing 199kW* of power from its 1.6 litre turbo engine, it accelerates from 0-100km/h in just 5.9 seconds*. With a steel exhaust manifold, forged pistons developed with MAHLE Motorsport and the improved traction of a Torsen® limited slip differential, the RCZ R hugs every bend.

The RCZ R is available in strictly limited numbers, so please contact your ... "

what else could an exhaust manifold be?local Peugeot Dealer for availability.

right.
i suppose i was thinking non-ferrous, rather than fabrication method ...

Took the RCZ down the M1 (Qld) to Kingscliff today. I sat on the speed limit - 100/110kph. When passing I was amazed that when looking at the speedo, it was reading 140kph, after a 3/4 second flooring.

Yes, to all Pug fans rejoice, what an eye gawker it is.

People do not see hardly any RCZ's, and when they do they stop, and look. We had looks from 16 yr olds to 40+. One Audi kept to my right rear, as in formation. He was taking a good look.

Being still a bit of a 'boy-racer', I play with the rear spoiler and mostly have it manually up when on motorways, however it did see it rise automatically when I reached 120 kph once. Comes up in two stages. Half at 80 kph (which you can't see from the driver's seat) and full at 120 kph, which you can see the tip of it.

For those who have joined this thread at the end, this is a good update for RCZ knowledge.

https://www.carshowroom.com.au/reviews/peugeot-rcz-review-and-road-test/

Nice car indeed. There used to be a few circulating around the Sutherland Shire. Haven't noticed them lately. Think I'll get an R when I retire. Thanks for the idea.