RCZ - nice Aussie pic . . .

207cc Sport

Fellow Frogger
Puggle.jpg

it looks like the car is parked inside his house!
Not exactly. This is one of four pics that Peugeot Sport released just prior to flying the two cars to Bathurst for the 2013 12 hour race.

The pics are at Peugeot Sport HQ in France - or possibly at the sheds near their test track.

Hi

Here is a shitty one in a car park on Santorini a few days ago.

Cheers.

1683558840262.png

Nice car but having driven there, it must be frustrating....that car excels at speed.
Hi.

I agree, it would the last island I would own a nice vehicle on. As you say there is little oppertunity to drive at speed, but there are lots of corners, but with mostly poor road surfaces, not kind for low profile tyres. Not to mention raftertys rules for parking pretty much anywhere you like!

Cheers.

The RCZ came in 1st and 2nd in there class at bathurst in 2013. Well done puegeot/citroen at advertising this quite remarkable feat. If even a person that lives and breaths french cars didn't know this, how would the "general population" ever know. It must have done a lot for free advertisement and sales at the time given no-one knows :clown:

The RCZ came in 1st and 2nd in there class at bathurst in 2013. Well done puegeot/citroen at advertising this quite remarkable feat. If even a person that lives and breaths french cars didn't know this, how would the "general population" ever know. It must have done a lot for free advertisement and sales at the time given no-one knows :clown:
Living under a rock ? It was advertised at the time was a good day even if my work car got hailed on sime Darby also gave free tickets to dealers to give to customers. And pulling out the 12 hour 405 was also publicised. Mind you the class only really had one other competitor.

Attachments

• IMG_3637.jpeg
    IMG_3637.jpeg
    640.1 KB · Views: 70
Living under a rock ? It was advertised at the time was a good day even if my work car got hailed on sime Darby also gave free tickets to dealers to give to customers. And pulling out the 12 hour 405 was also publicised. Mind you the class only really had one other competitor.

Probably living under a rock ... that one :) While all you RCZ experts are here, how do I tighten up the plastic trim around the speedo. It vibrates annoyingly at 60km/h (it goes away if you push on the speedo surround). Is there a screw somewhere I can tighten without pulling the entire dash to bits?

Its a remarkably heavy, "tight" rattle free car... so it really highlights this one minor rattle.

That Brock 405 is/was owned by Keith Linnel who purchased it from the Peter-Budges and AFAIK is still in the Bathurst museum. BTW-I did the Lacoste and James Hardie graphics for it.

Probably living under a rock ... that one :) While all you RCZ experts are here, how do I tighten up the plastic trim around the speedo. It vibrates annoyingly at 60km/h (it goes away if you push on the speedo surround). Is there a screw somewhere I can tighten without pulling the entire dash to bits?

Its a remarkably heavy, "tight" rattle free car... so it really highlights this one minor rattle.
Hey Pal, the pics didn't come through, but if you read this in your RCZ then it will fit together.

Either way, it is difficult.

Suggest you get one or two nylon washers, paint them black with a pen, then poke them deep into the facia gaps to secure the noise. Works a trick.

Print

difficulty-level4.png

27 Facia panel components – removal and refitting​

Steering column shrouds​

1 Unclip the upper rear trim panel from in front of the instrument panel (see illustration).
11-27.01.jpg
27.1 Unclip the rear upper trim
2 Unscrew the two lower steering column shroud securing screws, unclip and lift off the upper shroud, then remove the lower shroud (see illustrations).
11-27.02a.jpg
27.2a Undo the lower trim retaining screws (arrowed) …
11-27.02b.jpg
27.2b … and unclip the upper trim panel

Hey Pal, the pics didn't come through, but if you read this in your RCZ then it will fit together.

Either way, it is difficult.

Suggest you get one or two nylon washers, paint them black with a pen, then poke them deep into the facia gaps to secure the noise. Works a trick.

Print

difficulty-level4.png

27 Facia panel components – removal and refitting​

Steering column shrouds​

1 Unclip the upper rear trim panel from in front of the instrument panel (see illustration).
11-27.01.jpg
27.1 Unclip the rear upper trim
2 Unscrew the two lower steering column shroud securing screws, unclip and lift off the upper shroud, then remove the lower shroud (see illustrations).
11-27.02a.jpg
27.2a Undo the lower trim retaining screws (arrowed) …
11-27.02b.jpg
27.2b … and unclip the upper trim panel

That sounds like a really smart fix. So this is a common issue then. So just a couple of slithers of plastic down around the facia to stop the parts vibrating together. That's so simple I might even try it :)