RCZ manual transmission fluid change . . .

207cc Sport

Fellow Frogger
Hi All, I spent an arduous morning doing the above oil change.
Phew! To get to the filler plug is horrendous. Battery removal was time consuming. Finally at the filler hole and disconnect one of the two gear linkages.

Underneath, easy-peasy. In the attached video the dude removed his cross member. I didn't, as I used a slimmer long socket. Duh!

I would say that about 1.5 litres came out, looking brown, as in the video. No metal filings on the magnet topped plug, but a layer of grunge. I put back 2.2 litres of this stuff.

MT-90 75W90 GL-4 Gear Oil

favicon.ico
www.redlineoil.com

I am aware that manufactures do not fill tranny boxes to spec fill. Seen it before. They might save half a litre on each car, but if they make 100,000, then that's 50,000 litres!

Took the RCZ for a spin, and yes the shifts are smoother and more precise. It is the precision that I noticed and liked the most. THP200 has just turned over 52,000 klicks (32,500 miles).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isGgD9wb7-w

I don't know about the oil you used, but I do know the Peugeot recommended oil for that gearbox, Total Gear 8 75w-80, makes the manual gearbox shift effortlessly with less noise (from personal experience). Most other manual gear oils tend to make shifting of gear levers hard when engine and gearbox are cold until they warm up, after some minutes of driving. But the Total Gear 8 shift smoothly at both cold gearbox and when hot.

Ikenna351 - Monk.

I've used Redline MT-90 on the French Tart for its three tranny oil changes thus far. Also for my NISSAN. IMO it is the best, but expensive.