Random Renault Pictures

Russell Hall

1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
Random Renaults from the files. A fleet of Dacias and a celebrity R12 race at Calder. A new R12 being christened with champagne by a French family.

Attachments

• 0fregate.jpg
    0fregate.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 149
  • 0garage1.jpg
    0garage1.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 140
  • 69PitestiDacia1100.jpg
    69PitestiDacia1100.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 139
  • 69ParisR16Cabriolet.jpg
    69ParisR16Cabriolet.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 153
  • Calder.jpg
    Calder.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 148
  • new R12.jpg
    new R12.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 141
A few more.

Attachments

• 1953-renault-proto-105-anselin_jpg1_.jpg
    1953-renault-proto-105-anselin_jpg1_.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 144
  • 1960renaultondine.jpg
    1960renaultondine.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 138
  • 1961-Renault-Ondine-Gordini.jpg
    1961-Renault-Ondine-Gordini.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 152
  • 3701.jpg
    3701.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 142
  • trans%20r%20daup&4cv.jpg
    trans%20r%20daup&4cv.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 143
  • photos-archives-archive_alger_1962-big.jpg
    photos-archives-archive_alger_1962-big.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 154
One ugly reminder of French colonialism in the last lot.........

One ugly reminder of French colonialism in the last lot.........
The Twentieth Century for France was violent and turbulent. Two world wars, a brutal occupation, political upheavals and strikes, the OAS, the Day of The Jackal. The French car industry and French cars were there and intertwined with the events of the past. Some of the most interesting photographs have an important historical context, particularly those of the war years. The camera was there in the 20th Century recording all this and in recent years more photographs and films from private and state archives have become available including material that was once considered unsuitable for publication. The Bundesarchiv is a remarkable collection of photographs, secret films of Paris under occupation have been released as has unedited colour film made by the American army of liberated France . Fortunately the photographs of French cars are relatively benign and shot up or bombed vehicles are bland enough. So we might have the wrecks of Oradour but no photographs of what put them in that state. But in the future I will ensure all photos are G rated and bodies cleaned away.

The Twentieth Century for France was violent and turbulent. Two world wars, a brutal occupation, political upheavals and strikes, the OAS, the Day of The Jackal. The French car industry and French cars were there and intertwined with the events of the past. Some of the most interesting photographs have an important historical context, particularly those of the war years. The camera was there in the 20th Century recording all this and in recent years more photographs and films from private and state archives have become available including material that was once considered unsuitable for publication. The Bundesarchiv is a remarkable collection of photographs, secret films of Paris under occupation have been released as has unedited colour film made by the American army of liberated France . Fortunately the photographs of French cars are relatively benign and shot up or bombed vehicles are bland enough. So we might have the wrecks of Oradour but no photographs of what put them in that state. But in the future I will ensure all photos are G rated and bodies cleaned away.

Not necessary to remove the bodies, Russell, they simply illustrate my point.................

The point is this is non- political and please keep your politics to yourself.

The subject of the image, according to the text provided, was "a French soldier walking past the body of a settler," the result of political unrest in Algeria.

Yes and we don't need you peddling your woke politics. Contemporary political comments are absent from military vehicle websites. I have many photos of Renaults in colonial situations and as part of the German military but I am loathe to post them if they are taken for an opportunity for political tub thumping.

Some more including the cross country Sahara.

Attachments

• s5%20salon%2085.jpg
    s5%20salon%2085.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 120
  • RenaultMHtypeSaharafactorypic.jpg
    RenaultMHtypeSaharafactorypic.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 420
  • 1972maroc.jpg
    1972maroc.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 127
  • belgique75plas2.jpg
    belgique75plas2.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 121
  • R4 Paris.png
    R4 Paris.png
    423.7 KB · Views: 119
  • MottoRenaultFregate1.jpg
    MottoRenaultFregate1.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 114
Yes and we don't need you peddling your woke politics. Contemporary political comments are absent from military vehicle websites. I have many photos of Renaults in colonial situations and as part of the German military but I am loathe to post them if they are taken for an opportunity for political tub thumping.

Your historical image was of the aftermath of a political conflict occurring in a French colony as described in the accompanying text. Did you not read the text before posting? When I pointed this out, you immediately started getting defensive, and as usual, making much ado about nothing using terms that you hope will reinforce your "un-wokeness". I suggest you turn both your sensitivity threshold and your insult level down a tad! :)

Your historical image was of the aftermath of a political conflict occurring in a French colony as described in the accompanying text. Did you not read the text before posting? When I pointed this out, you immediately started getting defensive, and as usual, making much ado about nothing using terms that you hope will reinforce your "un-wokeness". I suggest you turn both your sensitivity threshold and your insult level down a tad! :)
Take your woke shit elsewhere.
Wowee! Now that is a serious bit of kit. :tongue:

index.php
I have come across a Sahara being used by the Wehrmacht in the mud and snow of Russia despite its age.

The second hand car dealer is in Quebec, the truck river crossing in the Soviet Union.

Attachments

• 1971-alpine-1-nicolas.jpg
    1971-alpine-1-nicolas.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 125
  • GordiniBR.jpg
    GordiniBR.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 121
  • RenaultVivastellaGrandSport1939r.jpg
    RenaultVivastellaGrandSport1939r.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 124
  • General%20de%20GAULLE.jpg
    General%20de%20GAULLE.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 129
  • Renault%20AG%20series%20truck%20crossing%20Pionier%20bridge-.JPG
    Renault%20AG%20series%20truck%20crossing%20Pionier%20bridge-.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 120
  • anciennes-renault_4f4_service_vacances-img.jpg
    anciennes-renault_4f4_service_vacances-img.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 120
  • gordm.jpg
    gordm.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 117
  • photos-anciennes-quebecusedcardealer-big.jpg
    photos-anciennes-quebecusedcardealer-big.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 127
  • QE21957_jpg1_.jpg
    QE21957_jpg1_.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 116
  • Renault bus.jpg
    Renault bus.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 126
Still peddling your politics. This is a car forum, go whinge on a political forum.
I'm not peddling politics, I'm calling you out as a pompous, overbearing and insulting person who uses terms your don't really understand to insult others. Apart from all that you're OK. :)

I'm not peddling politics, I'm calling you out as a pompous, overbearing and insulting person who uses terms your don't really understand to insult others. Apart from all that you're OK. :)
Oh I understand the terms I use very well. Pompous, over bearing and insulting - no problems with that, with your permission I'll put the description on my next dust jacket.