Radio/Multimedia Control

PedroC

Tadpole
Tadpole
I have a 2021 Koleos. While the radio continues to play when i stop the engine, it immediately turns off when the driver's door is opened. The owner's manual is very basic and does not give guidance. Where can I find advice operate the radio when the engine is off?

Does Renault have a battery protection mode as PSA does? If the computer thinks you may have left the car, would it shut down internal activities that draw current?

A low battery means computer errors that can leave you stranded.

I have a 2021 Koleos. While the radio continues to play when i stop the engine, it immediately turns off when the driver's door is opened. The owner's manual is very basic and does not give guidance. Where can I find advice operate the radio when the engine is off?
I think most of the Renault's vehicles that have proximity keys work like this.

If you want the radio to work you need to put the key card into the slot in the dash, or turn on the radio via its on/off button.

Exactly where is the slot in the dash? The radio will not turn on if the engine is off. When I operate the Stop/Start button the only item that works is operating the windows.

Exactly where is the slot in the dash? The radio will not turn on if the engine is off. When I operate the Stop/Start button the only item that works is operating the windows.
I just looked at an online manual for the 2016 Koleos and it looks like there is no slot for the key card.

I have a 2015 Megane and it has a slot for the key card. I can also turn on the radio with out inserting the key card or starting the engine. I just push the on/off button on the radio wait for about 5 seconds and the radio comes to life.

Was just assuming Renault carried this through to other vehicles in their range.

That's how the radio is supposed to work.
It stays on for a time after you turn off the motor (maybe 10 minutes) but will turn off immediately when you open the drivers door.
The car thinks you have left the vehicle so turns everything off (apart from functions that need to be live, e,g, proximity sensor, immobiliser, etc.)
You can make it stay on after the time period, I think you need to use the on button on the infotainment display.

There is no slot for the key card in the current XZG series Koleos.

Reactions: COL
Yes, in my 2019 Koleos, after switching off the engine, the radio/USB music continues until the driver's door is opened, then everything shuts off.
If I want to sit in the car with the music on, I need to press the media power button just below the touch screen every 10-15 minutes.
I find it quite odd that the driver's door seems to be the only way to turn off the ignition. For instance, if you wish to turn on ignition (without starting engine), you press the starter button, easy. Now in other makes of car (and logically) you press the button again to turn it off. Not in the Koleos. I have tried other methods, eg, hold the button on a few seconds, no, you must open the driver's door. Seems a bit weird, but that seems to be the system.

Reactions: COL