R8 balljoints

JohnW

Too many posts!
VIP Paid Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
Having tried most outlets I can think of, I can't find a source of upper ball joints for my R8 front end. This is presumably because they never wear out - my first ones did about 29 years!

One of the US guys accessed via Katriina has a couple but for US$140 for the pair, which is a tad much!

I wondered if anyone had a couple of new ones that are surplus?

Thanks

------------------

John, in my quest for ball joint boots for my R12 (and a windscreen seal for a friend), I've found a mob in Spain that claim to be able to supply all (and I mean ALL) parts for the R12. Might want to try them for your R8 parts. They're called Iber Parts at http://www.vigonet.com/quas/ingles/index.htm
I've given the guy my VIN, and he's getting back to me with a price. BTW, Ken at Caravelle put me on to them. In my case it'll probably be as much as a whole tie rod from Caravelle, but it's worth a go. I'll tell you how I get on.

Cheers

Stuey

try
Caravelle imports
Ken Bailey
14 Rowern ct Box Hill Nth 3129
Ph 03 9890 9061 i have purchased upper & lower ball joints for my R10 from Ken

Another possibility is Automotive surplus 34 Thornton Cr Mitcham 3132 Ph 03 9873 3566

[This message has been edited by Damien Gardner (edited 04 August 2001).]

Stuey,

I'd forgotten them, thanks. I bought two rear R8 lenses a few years back as emergency spares so know they respond. I tried to get an R8 rear badge too, and I still don't really understand whether they found one or not. I got a bit hard for them I think.

I can tell you they can't supply R16 gear!

But they seemed nice people.

I'll be interested to see if they come up with what you want for the 12. Might need them for our Virage sometime!

Cheers

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Stuey:
John, in my quest for ball joint boots for my R12 (and a windscreen seal for a friend), I've found a mob in Spain that claim to be able to supply all (and I mean ALL) parts for the R12. Might want to try them for your R8 parts. They're called Iber Parts at http://www.vigonet.com/quas/ingles/index.htm
I've given the guy my VIN, and he's getting back to me with a price. BTW, Ken at Caravelle put me on to them. In my case it'll probably be as much as a whole tie rod from Caravelle, but it's worth a go. I'll tell you how I get on.

Cheers

Stuey