R8/10 windscreens

Oh, and I forgot to say that Shannons covered the full cost of the A110 screen (including shipping)....1 free windscreen per year...

Ok, so I did have a go at the rear windscreen fitting but my wife couldn’t get enough purchase from the outside and we were having trouble with one corner. So I had the local Novus guys come and fit it. They did it in about half an hour including the chrome strips. Think they were quite impressed with the R8, neither having seen one before. So guess what..they came back today and fitted the toughened front screen! But it would not be shown on the invoice....who cares!
A new laminated screen will be nice one day. Think Ralph Moore are finished as they don’t answer calls or reply to emails. The Novus guys also said the have gone quiet.
So, another box ticked

20 minutes is fair. 20 minutes including the chrome (stainless actually) strips is totally awesome. Last one I had done the strips took them about an hour and a half.....

That "one day" you get a laminated screen, maybe get a new seal with it - different thickness the time I made the change.

They drive better with glass - I know from experience without......

Has anyone actually got hold of Ralph Moore lately? I have a suspicion they may have shut up shop?

A friend has tried to ring them and either gets a “number not connected” or engaged signal.

It may be a dead end now.

Has anyone actually got hold of Ralph Moore lately? I have a suspicion they may have shut up shop?

A friend has tried to ring them and either gets a “number not connected” or engaged signal.

Woe.

20 minutes is fair. 20 minutes including the chrome (stainless actually) strips is totally awesome. Last one I had done the strips took them about an hour and a half.....

That "one day" you get a laminated screen, maybe get a new seal with it - different thickness the time I made the change.

They drive better with glass - I know from experience without......
Thanks for the tip re the seal John. Interestingly, the guys said the Mecaparts seals worked fine,in fact better than some of the Rare Spares seals they fit to Holdens.

I tried calling them a number of times and got the ‘not connected’ response and no reply by emailing

There is always the Mecaparts windscreen for €271 ($450 AUD) + postage.
Maybe if there is enough interest a group buy might save a few $$

There is always the Mecaparts windscreen for €271 ($450 AUD) + postage.
Maybe if there is enough interest a group buy might save a few $$
I expect you'd save quite a lot. Imagine packing one windscreen for overseas courier! "We" ought to find out whether someone out there is an equivalent to the wonderful Ralph Moore. Windscreens O'Brien got mine from him....

Once upon a time I looked at getting a group buy together with someone (can’t remember who) and going to go to Pilkingtons direct, but I think it fizzled out - we couldn’t get enough interest, and they may have been looking to relocate their factory or something from memory. I think the minimum order was around 10-12 units. I no longer have the energy for that.

Once upon a time I looked at getting a group buy together with someone (can’t remember who) and going to go to Pilkingtons direct, but I think it fizzled out - we couldn’t get enough interest, and they may have been looking to relocate their factory or something from memory. I think the minimum order was around 10-12 units. I no longer have the energy for that.
Nor I. They shifted from UK to Finland if I recall, a year or so back.

just about to fit mine on an R8. Do you fit the chrome strips after the glass is installed
My understanding is that you fit the strips first. They can be fitted later (bugger of a job either way I reckon). When I had my last screen fitted, they ignored the advice about the stainless strips and it took them 40 minutes to get the first quarter on.

My understanding is that you fit the strips first. They can be fitted later (bugger of a job either way I reckon). When I had my last screen fitted, they ignored the advice about the stainless strips and it took them 40 minutes to get the first quarter on.
The windscreen guys fitted the seal to the screen,then the strips and finally installed the assembly. They used a small piece of copper tube and string to install the strips as per the genuine R8 workshop manual...went in real easy with a bit of help with a plastic spatula. The rear screen itself took a bit longer to fit than the front...just a little more pressure required to get the corners to fit

The windscreen guys fitted the seal to the screen,then the strips and finally installed the assembly. They used a small piece of copper tube and string to install the strips as per the genuine R8 workshop manual...went in real easy with a bit of help with a plastic spatula. The rear screen itself took a bit longer to fit than the front...just a little more pressure required to get the corners to fit
Like mine, no video evidence I guess? :) I must look more closely at my manual! Thanks Brian.