R16 Bosch Alternator wiring

Damien Gardner

1000+ Posts
Can anyone help with a schematic drawing of the wiring for the aussie made alternator & regulator the wiring is different to the SEV/Motorola described in my manual ie. the regulator only has 2 connections.
thanks

[ 14 February 2002: Message edited by: Damien Gardner ]</p>

Damien,

Can't help you with the specific R16 one, but if you get stuck, I recently rebuilt my R12 Bosch alternator then installed an electronic regulator and cobbled up a charge light on the dash, so should be able to answer any questions - I'd say they're the same. The electronic regulator is a good mod if you don't already have one, and the Bosch part is only $18.

Stuey

Thanks Stuey,
Steve Cavanagh helped me with it. it does have an electronic regulator & it seems the missing 3rd wire was for the alt light on the dash.

Damien,

The alt light wire can piggyback onto one of the two terminals, if you have the light but it's just not working because there's not a spare terminal. Can't remember which one, but I can have a look at mine if you want... The three terminal regulator actually has two of the terminals jumpered together inside.

Stu