R12 1250cc coil specification?

It certainly sounds like a fuel issue....I had problems with my A110 before and after engine rebuild and it was all due to crap in the fuel tank and fuel lines....it even happened after we had cleaned the tank out and Ray had flushed all the lines with diesel (obviously much longer from the front of the car). In the end he had to push a wire through the lines and quite a bit of debris was cleared. That finally fixed the issue, however a little later, a a tiny bit of residual debris appeared in one of the carbs (even though we were running a good sized filter)....once all was cleared there have been no more issues. BTW I run an electric fuel pump in the A110.

With old fuel tanks in theses vehicles rust and crud can block the end of the fuel pick up in the tank making it impossible for the pump to suck up the fuel. Father in law has just coated an R8 tank this week that was quite rusty inside. Hadn’t caused problems, but I expect it would have.
Alan, You were on the money with this one! 👍
Even though I had 'cleaned ' the tank with several flushes of petrol it appears the sludge around the base of the pickup must have re-solidified it self such that it took too much effort for the small pump to maintain the pressure needed to get the fuel into the carby.
So I read on some other forums (USA Hot Rods) that this was not unusual on some old tanks that had been sitting around for a number of years and a solution was to blow some compressed air back into the tank through the outlet pipe.
So i fired up the compressor, undid the fuel cap, disconnected the outlet pipe going into the fuel pump and gave it 3 quick bursts of air. I could hear the 'burbling' through the fuel filler tube.
Reconnected the fuel line, gave it a few turns to prime the fuel pump, and then it started!
I ran it for 20 mins with no issues at all. Tried this several times (restarting and let it sit running) and was running without a hitch.
So a simple fix, to a frustrating event, but now all good!
Off to the Repco (click and collect) to get a new $5.00 inline fuel filter and happy days :)
Thanks everyone for your suggestions ;)

The reality is though that the crud is still in the tank and will likely cause more hassle, although I admit pulling the tank is hard core.

There is a small square headed drain bung that may allow some of the loosened crud to be drained away without tank removal. If the sender is removed a dowel or rod could be used to loosen the crud and help it come out the drain.