R12 1.4 manifold gasket

4cvgordini

VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
Does anyone know of a good source of manifold gaskets for the 1397 R12 motors? (I gather Ken is out of them.) Alternatively, if someone has a bunch sitting in a cupboard & willing to sell one to me, then I'd appreciate that.

cheers! Peter

Not sure. You could ring French Connection, Alpine Affaire and Auto Paris in Melbourne.

The Cleon motor was used in heaps of different models, They are available but often part of a gasket set.
If you can't find one locally you could try the R12 shop, they're EUR15.00 plus postage.

Cheers

Other place worth a try is Auto Surplus

35 Rooks rd Mitcham

They have been going around buying old stick from closing dealerships for years, so have quite a lot of oddball NOS stuff

Best Wishes

Andrew

Get some Universal Inlet and outlet blank gasket material.
Press your manifold onto sheet to get the shape, cut out and install
Rod guys been using this stuff for years
gasket.jpg

Got plenty of separate gaskets, but sometimes postage costs are hurting

Got plenty of separate gaskets, but sometimes postage costs are hurting
Thanks. I notice that you are Belgium based. Are you operating as an individual or as a business? If the latter, a web link would be good.

as a business, but I have only some items on my site as the warehouse is 400 m2 :) Just tell me what you need, I'll get you a quotation

Ta. Just emailed you (before seeing this) & entered a quote request on the site.

cheers! Peter

Alternatively, Dana is present in Australia and should carry the Glaser / Victor Reinz brands, but I don't know if they sell the whole catalog

Thanks; obviously (on freight grounds) I'll source in oz if possible. It's not desperately urgent as the Djet is still usable; just blowing a bit.

I guess you're looking for the gasket between the cyl head and the exhaust manifold, similar to the R12 1289cc model ?

Yes. Sorry, I thought that I had made that clear. I have just learned that the manifold gasket (which serves both inlet & exhaust manifolds) is identical in the 1289 & 1397 R12 engines. I imagine that the one for the R9/R11 engines might be different as I gather that the ports in the head are spaced differently.

So, safest way to word my query is that I'm after the manifold gasket for the 1289 Renault R12 engine.

this gasket has the Glaser (Dana group) ref 05931. If not distributed in AUS, it's very common here in EU