R10 to watch at Auction !

It made 15K on car and classic last month and did not meet the reserve, then it appeared on e-bay and did worse, now going to be back on car and classic again. Purely personal opinion, its a great quirky car, but hardly exciting and not worth that kind of money.

Mr Dauphproto,
It started being auctioned before Covid last year, and GBP 15K is way over the top of its value. With a proper "701" alconi cam and proper head work, it should put out at least 71-75 HP and with 15" wheels should do 100MPH easy "at altitude" (1108cc). So I think there is a bit of BS being spread there.

Ray

Pounds GP !!!
YUP Ray, Pounds. Like I said it made 15k on the first auction and didn't meet its reserve. I always think it a bad idea to put to market immediately after, as most things I have seen do not do so well 2nd time around. It is an interesting car and should have a good home, but I am getting too old for these prices!!!..............

Well, it didn't sell again and is back on e-bay currently sitting at £5500.00. Really not sure of the sellers strategy on this........

Well, it didn't sell again and is back on e-bay currently sitting at £5500.00. Really not sure of the sellers strategy on this........
God knows. It doesn't look like a strategy at all. Worth grabbing for that money. Bit too far from Perth for Mr Geckoeng and me!

Found its way onto Car and Classics UK for 17K

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1356030
That's AUD 32,000 by the way. Personally, I reckon it might be a fair price if genuine and not messed about with. Not too many would appreciate quite how significant the Alconi cars are in our rear-engined Renault fraternity though.

Thanks for posting this!

It finished on e-bay yesterday at £10,100 and didn't sell. R10 do not do well in UK compared to R8. In-fact Renault used to represent excellent value, as you got a lot of car for the money, both contemporary and classic. I just can't see it make the money he is looking for here in the UK.

It finished on e-bay yesterday at £10,100 and didn't sell. R10 do not do well in UK compared to R8. In-fact Renault used to represent excellent value, as you got a lot of car for the money, both contemporary and classic. I just can't see it make the money he is looking for here in the UK.
Nor here I'd say. I reckon it would struggle to make half the asking price. Pity, as it might be a really good car but the market is tiny for its niche.

There'd be fewer than 50-100 people in the country who knew of Alconi, and most of them ZA expats!!