R10 Tie Rods R1190

boleropilot

Fellow Frogger
G'day Folks - tiny problem with identifying the correct tie rods for my R10 - the original ones have a square body shape with a fork at one end and a ball joint at t'other. I can see this type in the Der Franzose cattledog for a lot of other models but not for the R10. What I have found is a different type that is shown as fitting R8, R10 and Alpine - it has a ball joint at one end and a bell shape at t'other. The point is, the original system uses a circular eye bolt with a bushing to attach to the steering rack, I can't see how that eye bolt would work with these 'new' tie rods...all help apreciated !

Attachments

• renault-tie rod-r8-r10-alpine-caravelle.jpg
    renault-tie rod-r8-r10-alpine-caravelle.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 142
You have to unscrew these eyebolts from the rack. And then replace them with your new tie rods.

Reactions: COL
You have to unscrew these eyebolts from the rack. And then replace them with your new tie rods.
That's exactly what I have on my Alpine A110. I think they are from a R5. They make doing wheel alignments very easy, no more have to disconnect from the rack to make adjustments.

Hey thanks guys, much appreciated - nice to have the advantage of making the wheel alignments so much easier...

and of course, this R10 has a R15 810-05 motor (to which I am planning to add a rebuilt 10S head and Weber) so with "suspension" from an Alpine it should go like a rocket !!!

cheers

Dave

Reactions: COL