R10 Resto S E Qld

Thanks BP, luck has nothing to do with it. Lots of hard work at a steady pace and focus. I have worked in the shed on a 40 degree day when most others my age (or younger) are relaxing during the weekend.
Wusses.

thanks nauli - I hear that a few well known names have been snapping up new Alpines...

and while I am here, I may as well ask questions about tyres and coil springs??? I'm looking at Contis for the former

BP
Well my A110 has springs from Mecaparts (they have a few options available) and tyres sit on 13 x 6 rims from Image Wheels UK. Tyres are Advan A048 - 205 rear and 185 front

A little sad news - the quote for a full set of 4 Konis has come back from GSA at Slacks Creek (they are the Qld distributor for Top Performance) and SWMBO has decreed that $1,019.10 is "too much". I know Konis are the business but I am a POP (poor old pensioner) and I am going to have to settle for something closer to about half of that for all 4 shocks - any suggestions?

(please don't suggest ditching the missus - it's taken me 50 years to train her and I haven't got another 50 in me...)

You can get them from Mecaparts at 83.80Euro each + postage or
125Euro a pair for front and back + postage at ICHARD
less than $500 landed in Aust

Try Gil at R-Tec Suspension in Belgium...I got 6 Konis for my A110 delivered to my door for just over $900....and you only need four...
Gil van den Heuvel (R.Tec) <gil@rtec.ws>

Agree with R8 Dream, I have their shocks in the R8G, R10 Alconi and Fast Floride. They have staff who can speak English if required and good to deal with. For example I have received an email in English asking if I want to hold an order until one item out of stock becomes available so that I don't have to pay freight on two shipments. Very good to deal with.

You can get them from Mecaparts at 83.80Euro each + postage or
125Euro a pair for front and back + postage at ICHARD
less than $500 landed in Aust
Hey Dreamy, I just checked the Mecaparts website and they are listing the Konis @ 459 Euros for a set of 4 - wonderful news is that the Euro is in a nice position at the moment (1.57 exchange to AUD) which works out at $719.21 ex VAT (which they have already told me they will not charge on goods to Oz). I am about to ask them what the freight would be - fingers crossed...there are some other bits I need so I may be able to include them in the freight (depending on charges per kilo) to save a few dollars. We shall see - watch this space!

Hey Dreamy, I just checked the Mecaparts website and they are listing the Konis @ 459 Euros for a set of 4 - wonderful news is that the Euro is in a nice position at the moment (1.57 exchange to AUD) which works out at $719.21 ex VAT (which they have already told me they will not charge on goods to Oz). I am about to ask them what the freight would be - fingers crossed...there are some other bits I need so I may be able to include them in the freight (depending on charges per kilo) to save a few dollars. We shall see - watch this space!
Freight on mine from R-Tec (6 shocks) was 87 Euro....though I expect prices to have gone up a bit

Actually they quoted the same price to me and up to 94 Euros if I add another 1kg of parts - sounds OK to me...

Actually they quoted the same price to me and up to 94 Euros if I add another 1kg of parts - sounds OK to me...
Great to hear. Mecaparts have been suppliers to Oz for more than 20 years now. I prefer to buy local but there are certainly limits to that!!