R10 headlights

c.lees

VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
I'm sure this has been asked multiple times. Out of my 5 headlights there isn't a good one. All would need to be re silvered and only one is for a H4 bulb.

Is there a source of new ones at a reasonable price? Is there a difference in the European LHD ones? As these are cheapish ones on the R12 shop, 54 euro for a reproduction one.

Does anyone have any good ones they wish to part with?

I'm sure this has been asked multiple times. Out of my 5 headlights there isn't a good one. All would need to be re silvered and only one is for a H4 bulb.

Is there a source of new ones at a reasonable price? Is there a difference in the European LHD ones? As these are cheapish ones on the R12 shop, 54 euro for a reproduction one.

I'm just having four headlight buckets re silvered in Adelaide. https://aclassmetal.com.au/silver-plating/
$108 each
Trick is getting the lens off. I soaked them in a old used gun wash 20 lt drum (about 10 lt) and slowly released the lens.

Not cheap, almost as much as the reproduction version. I can see the point in having the original ones done.

I'm not sure how easy it'll be to get the older style bulbs in a modern version so you can actually see where you are going.

Hi,

the euro lights are different. The spread pattern of the light (lens) differs for LHD and would spread light into oncoming traffic if used in RHD.

years ago when travelling to EU in a RHD car you used to have to put stickers onto your headlights to prevent this. Can’t recall if the opposite occurred for euro cars coming into the UK.

from memory, lenses designed for EU used to have “code European“ on them. The lenses can be interchanged relatively easily so you could for example, perhaps buy a new set for EU and remove the lenses (provided the new types allow this as easily as the old ones) and transfer the lenses from AU to EU buckets.

maybe look at the main sites like JP Ichard or Der Franzose.

Hi Christian

Are you after the round or square headlights.

If you are after square ones, R12 and R16 will fit. Unfortunately I have sold all my stash of rectangular lights, but there must still be a few lying around in other peoples stashes that still have good reflectors.

I'm after the rectangular ones. I'll contact the local silver platers as well and get some prices.

Turns out you can buy R2 to H4 globe adaptors.

I think I have some spare rectangular lights for my dacia(r12/16)type,I will have a look later today or early tomorrow for you Chris.i think maybe s.e.vmarchal a couple of but will look later,enjoying a frothy at sons birthday at moment..jim

Reactions: COL
I have three Cibie R10 rectangular headlights, all in good serviceable condition. Silvering in tact on the parabolas, some discolouration on the flat bases towards the rear. Glass and the rest of the lights in all round good condition.

Reactions: COL
Hi Christian, I have 5 headlamps,one (Denji) perfect no tarnishing.other four are Cibiie one tarnished lower back horizontal plane,two others light tarnish below bulb apature,last one lower horizontal plane about a quarter tarnished..jim

Attachments

• IMG_1786.jpeg
    IMG_1786.jpeg
    34.2 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_1795.jpeg
    IMG_1795.jpeg
    38.8 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_1793.jpeg
    IMG_1793.jpeg
    40.4 KB · Views: 41