R10 Barrel and Key

R8 Dream

VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
I have an old Neiman barrel from a R10 rear trunk and want it reset to a different key. It apparently is old school with pins? I also want a new key cut for this New setting.
Is there any place in Melb that Any one has used that can do this work without excuses?
Angelo
D0578BF5-63E6-4E5A-862F-66A2E3D61030.jpeg
EDDD43CF-B580-49D2-91E1-40CCBEAABE4E.jpeg
0BDB168E-1FA0-43AA-995A-489CC97E3F58.jpeg

Angelo
Just had a Neiman barrel reset for rear of a Caravelle.
Done by the local locksmith in Bridge Road, Richmond for $60.00. The main thing is that the key you have can be inserted to the lock.
Does not need to be able to unlock, but just get the key in.
Any good locksmith should be able to reset the lock to match the key you have.
Hope this makes sense.

Thanks!
The Key does definitely go in but does turn of course.
Is that the locksmith at 208 Bridge Rd, Richmond?

Hope you have a spare key or two. I keep one spare out in a second place and another in a super-secure place for every French car key. So it is belt and braces AND suspenders.

Angelo
208 Bridge Road sounds correct. They had just moved to there new location on the south side of Bridge Road, slightly up the hill from the old location on the north side, down on the flat wide bit of Bridge Road.
Hope you can get all your locks to match the one key.
My Caravelle has a Renault 16 ignition lock in it after the original fell apart and the key in the ignition lock has the groove in the key on the opposite side of the key to the door key and therefore I cannot get the key the match the ignition and door locks.

Jut take lock apart, put in key you want, file off any protruding pins, fixed easy
Not as secure but works