quick shift kits for pugs

Andreas

Fellow Frogger
if anybody in oz is after one have a look here
http://www.griff-eng.co.uk
i will be ordering atleast 3 kits on behalf of pug owners as the minimum bank transfer to UK banks is 100 pounds, i have also been offered a discount for a group purchase as I have bought from them before.

if anybody is interested contact me via email within a week or so

What do you get for the money?

i received my 405 fast road quick shift kit (25 pounds) on monday with my rear spoiler, i couldn't find it at first it was that bloody small.
a bit of an exaggeration but i was surprised that there wasn't more of it.
as my car is up at the mechanic anyway i took it along for them to fit, i will let you know the unbiased results.
i dont want to be recommending something i'm going to buy on behalf of others if it's crap.

quickshift.JPG

the pic is a bit blurry, it's roughly 3" long (8cm).
and this is an explanation on how it works:
"the 306 and 405 fast road fit onto the original bell crank linkage, the fast road kits fit over the ball joint at the tip of the linkage, you then fit backing plate and tighten bolts"

the one pictured is of a fast road kit only, there are other kits available for 205/309's aswell as the fast road version.

ok here you go
spoiler1.JPG

it's not angled correctly because i didnt have the right bolts for it, so it doesn't look quite how it should.
but up close you dont care, because it's real carbon fibre
smile.gif

it weighs about 2kg, the standard one about 8kg.
i took the standard one off and the boot lid almost smacked me in the chin haha

Andreas

nice

ultra touring car type kind of style

whhhhoooooooo

i bet it makes it accelerate at least 5 secs faster in 0-100 hehehe

if i get my new motor i might go 5 seconds quicker
smile.gif
NOT

the spoiler's got alot of history, was the 1995 BTCC prototype for wind tunnel testing, been on 2 different magazine featured 405's, caused many arguments and has now made the trip all the way to Australia.

and now its stuck on to the back of your 405 with a roll of masking tape LOL

(look in picture at kerb)

but seriously oh wait there is no serious side to all this oh well

i was waitng for someone to mention the masking tape, i used that to tape up the holes because i'm driving without the spoiler at the moment.

Are those OZ Superturismo's ?

How did the hack n chop of the rear guards go ?

What did you decide to do about the gear box clutch situation for the turbo engine ?

and finally ....

Guess who crashed his 405 this morning ?

Yes it was I ! $2500 damage front right, bumper, bonnet, and superficial scratches all over.

Rolled down the hill didn't it all by its self !
Clipped a tree on the left, crossed the road and plowed into a bigger tree wiping out the right front !
If it weren't for the tree it would have ended up in my neighbors lounge !
I started the car and realized I didn't have the wallet. So exit the car pulling the steering wheel, dislodging the "emergency brick" (for when handbrake not engaged, this was so in this instance) and hey presto ... one self guided 405 !

**** it was funny walking outside, I did not have a clue where the car had gone !
Being a cold morning, exhaust vapors from the bushes 40 meters away gave my cars location !!

ouch!!!

i wish i had oz turismo's, they're only team dynamics monzas without the centre cap
no rear arch work done yet except for the arch mould bolts that have been shortened, it rubs but i put up with it.

ntohing decided about gearbox yet, looking into fitting the 4x4 system and maybe even one day converting it to RWD haha
i dont think it's a genuine T16, block is from a T16 and i'd imagine the flywheel aswell because a BE1/3 box will bolt straight up and that wouldn't be the case with a T16.

I've seen a quick shift made on a 205 by cutting and shutting the gearbox side of the bell crank. Simple but effective.

Andreas,
Good looking car, was it at the French Car Festival on the 25 Feb? I think my son used about a whole role of film on it, I heard people around me saying it was the old Alpine Affaire super tourer converted to a road car but its not, is it?

David, yes i had my car there, in the 90's section although it's an 89
smile.gif

it was parked behind 2 red Mi16's, one of them had the 'PERSHO" rego.
it's not the ex brock car, thats owned by the brother/father of the guy that had the immaculate red Alpine.
as soon as i get it on the track again i'm sure there'll be some rivalry but there's will be faster....for now
smile.gif

the car looked pretty rough (still is) i'm waiting for some new mirrors to arrive otherwise the moulds would have been on the doors, getting everything sprayed at once.

were they really saying that about my car?
must've been cos i had the windows open
smile.gif

Scrapin ay

im on original tyres
original rear ride height
original shocks

and guess what
when theres someone in the back the tyres get a close relationship with the guards, oh well, i think cause my tyres are bigger profile although there 55's, beware of this if anybody buys Sime tyres, great tyre, big profile

as for the quick shift thing, does anyone know if 306 quick shift is same as 205

309 quickshift is the same as the 205.
i was planning to have ordered them by now but am having some technical difficulties LOL
nah slight fitting problems, got more instructions now and as soon as mine is on and works ok i'll elt you all know how it is and if it's worth buying one.

just wanted to get this on top of the list
smile.gif

still havent fitted mine, now know why it didnt fit.
am placing the order within a day or two.
last chance if you want to join the group purchase.
kits will be purchsed from:
http://www.griff-eng.co.uk

not doing too badly at the moment
smile.gif

wouldnt mind some pics of your 405 though, are you having it repaired?
didnt know you'd been a visitor for so long, you registered over a year ago!

Yeah thats me Im an old hack........
The car is back and in pristine condition. Its that blue that is so blue it looks black until the light hits it........ VERY NICE !!

I'll get some pics before it goes into storage on the 14th. I have to find a cover for it yet.

Any suggestions on car prep for long term storage ?????