Queensland Raceway Trackday - 12/4/04

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brad said:
11.30 would be fine I think. I'll call John next week to confirm.

Why not tell them 11 so we can be on the track at noon, not waiting for some tool who is late, to get sorted with a breifing ect.

Cal.

Okies, 11am it is then. You bringing your camera's out, get some happy snaps for the forum?

Cool! A couple Micras! Do you know who they are? What have they done to them?

Cal said:
Why not tell them 11 so we can be on the track at noon, not waiting for some tool who is late, to get sorted with a breifing ect.

Cal.

Hey, I object to being called a tool. It's in my genes to be late. :roflmao:

Lauren's gonna be taking photos and video of the day.

Rich

Great!!!! a multimedia event. We'll have to sell movies of it. Can Lauren bring her own car (or the S16) so she can go around to the other side of the track to get some good flicks?

GTI124 said:
Cool! A couple Micras! Do you know who they are? What have they done to them?

It's just one car being double entered. It belongs to a good mate of mines wife. It's got Konis and King springs, 15" SSS Pulsar rims and a zorst. Not much, fairly stock.

Cal.

Cal said:
It's just one car being double entered. It belongs to a good mate of mines wife. It's got Konis and King springs, 15" SSS Pulsar rims and a zorst. Not much, fairly stock.

Cal.

But it's fast :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

I reckon it would be pretty quick. The standard exhaust and extractors are very restrictive, so if he's ripped that out. It should free up nicely. The SSS rims mean he's probably fitted the SSS brakes and rotors to it, which are a bolt on mod.

Spings and shocks, it should be a little rocket, similar to Swift GTI speeds around the track. Awesome :D

GTI124 said:
I reckon it would be pretty quick. The standard exhaust and extractors are very restrictive, so if he's ripped that out. It should free up nicely. The SSS rims mean he's probably fitted the SSS brakes and rotors to it, which are a bolt on mod.

Spings and shocks, it should be a little rocket, similar to Swift GTI speeds around the track. Awesome :D

I believe it has standard brakes. Did we mention it's an auto? :eek:

Brad said:
Great!!!! a multimedia event. We'll have to sell movies of it. Can Lauren bring her own car (or the S16) so she can go around to the other side of the track to get some good flicks?

Ummm, Lauren actually doesn't have an Australian drivers license and the last time she drove a car was a good 3 years ago. I might run her up and get some shots. 206GTIQLD might be coming along to watch so maybe Joseph could run her up.

Rich

Updated List

Brad (306)
Cal (405 & MX5)
Neil (205)
Richard (206)
Reno17 ???
JR (205)
Immy (306)
Simon (Billy) (205)
Andrew (Datto)
Matt (Datto rice cooker)
Paul (WRX)
Gary (WRX or MX5)
Peter (Skyline)
Graham (Corvette ZR-1)
Craig (Mercedes SL55)
John (Mercedes CL55)
Julian's Dad (M3)
Julian's mate (Mini Cooper S)
Ben (Skyline)
Brenden (F355 Spyder)
Peter (MX5)
Peter's brother (name??) (Starion)
Jeff (Porsche Boxter)
Peter (RX8)
Cam (Micra)
Simon (Micra)
Alan (2002 or 4CV)???
Steve (RX8)

Spoke to John again. All is still good for the 12th. We may have to all help out with doing some timing but I'm sure it won't be too hard.

Sounds good. Quick question, will the food shop be open or should we be looking at bringing a pack lunch? Or organize a BBQ/BYO Meat? Don't know if there's a BBQ out there or get someone to bring one.

Rich

I am not expecting the shop to be open. I'll ask though. I'll also find out if there are BBQ facilities.

Hey Brad,
My son in law wants to bring his 300zx plus if possible his m8 [300tt]
is this possible ..he'll also try to bring his 205 if its back on the road at the time.
Do we know what the $$ is going to cost as Cal asked a few posts ago??
Less cars means more cost surely??
Its going to be interesting and i cant wait as i want to test out my new 8 cut valves....its going to be a suck and see type day..may even go slower ..who knows??

cheers jr

jr20516v said:
Hey Brad,
My son in law wants to bring his 300zx plus if possible his m8 [300tt]
is this possible ..he'll also try to bring his 205 if its back on the road at the time.
Do we know what the $$ is going to cost as Cal asked a few posts ago??
Less cars means more cost surely??
Its going to be interesting and i cant wait as i want to test out my new 8 cut valves....its going to be a suck and see type day..may even go slower ..who knows??

cheers jr

That should be fine. If you can just make sure you at least know them as I'm trying to keep it within at least the AF members and their immediate friends/family.

Cost is still $45 regardless of numbers and $55 for a AAA licence if you don't have one already. CAMS level 3 is ok aswell. It doesn't matter on the numbers :headbang:

Brad, you need to call dude and ask if they will accept a CAMS 2S licence, as a lot of the people coming have this licence and will not be too keen to dish out an extra $55 for a AAA licence. A lot of people have been asking me. A CAMS level 3 is a full racing licence.

Cal.

Okay

The Sprint events are a AAA insured event. CAMS 2S allows only 6 cars on the track at once. If we ran only 6 cars it would be ok from the point of view of QR's indemnity as the AAA insurance honours CAMS licenced drivers, however if someone came off and hurt themselves, CAMS does not honour AAA sanctioned events and you'd be screwed.

So, people will need a AAA licence. It is a year long licence and allows you to then compete at any of the Level 1 (clubman circuit) and Level 2 (Sprint circuit) events. I understand QR also give a discount if you have a current QR licence.

We will be doing both circuits on the day. QR will be putting on lunch as well.

We are expecting around 40 cars there. The sprint days have over 100 and we get 3 runs then, so expect 5-6 x 7 lap (5 timed) runs.

We ain't gettin 40 cars. I bet you a carton of the cheapest beer I can find that we get 25 or under.

Cal.

Status
Not open for further replies.