Queensland Raceway Trackday - 12/4/04

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brad

Fellow Frogger
Reinstatement*

Further to my recent post regarding a track day at QR, I'm sure most have read it so I'm leaving it to the basics.

Event: Aussiefrogs (+ a few others) Level 1-2 Sprints. Consists of as many sessions as we can fit in (should be at least 4), 1 lap on, 5 timed laps, 1 lap off.
Date: April 12th 2004, Midday till 5pm
Requirements: Road worthy car, 40psi+ tyres, helmet, full length cotton clothing, covered shoes, helmet, AAA ($55 on the day) or CAMS Level 3 licence.

Current attendees:

Brad (306)
Cal (405)
Neil (205)
Richard (306)
Reno17 ???
JR (205)
Immy (306)
Simon (Billy) 205
Charles Duffield (not sure yet :( )

I also know of several others who are coming, but these are friends of those listed above, not ring-ins.

This event is not aimed to see who's the best on the track, it's to get to know your car and make consistent times regardless of how hard you wish to drive.

Never know, I might have a GTi 180 by then. :p

Rich

And you know what..... :moon:

1:07.18's the time to beat :) :) :)

Hmm, maybe a WRC tarmac spec t-16, on 300mm wide slicks... :p

Anyone got their real times handy?

Cubits said:
Hmm, maybe a WRC tarmac spec t-16, on 300mm wide slicks... :p

Anyone got their real times handy?

Serious, Brad set that time last weekend at the Sprint Day. The fastest I've seen is a 58 second lap with that track configuration, GT40 runs in the 59's.

Rich

Easter Monday, 12th April. It'd be great to see some Mexican's come up for the event.

Brad said:
And you know what..... :moon:

1:07.18's the time to beat :) :) :)

OH, were you the blue s16 on the QR track last saturday?
I saw a blue s16 and a red s16.

I have a black clio, I'm with the Honda boys.

I'm running at 1:06 flat at the moment. Aiming for high 1:04 to mid 1:05 next time.

The Endless Integra Type R has done 1:02 in the hightech shoot out. He did 1:04 that day. A civic VTiR in 1:05.5, a Honda HRV and a Honda Jazz both in 1:07.

I'll have a chat with you next time when I see you at the track.

Cheers
Steve

Hey Steve,

That red S16 is mine, Brad's is the blue one. We were checking out your car as you were lining up for your first run... nice!

Rich

Is that time on the sprint or clubman circuit? A race Supra from Japan ran 1.03 on the International circuit last year on a Yokohama private tyre test day. Fastest sedan I have ever seen.
The Geminis run 1.10 on the clubman circuit.

Hey Alan! :D

Clubman Circuit. Are you coming out?

Rich

No way???? I didn't see his times but he did look kinda silly with slicks.

[/FONT]
Brad said:
No way???? I didn't see his times but he did look kinda silly with slicks.

Zen/Brad u guys going to the sprints next time? hope to see you guys there.
I always liked the 306, was gonna get a GTi6 back in 99' but exxy...

For real man, got the time sheet to prove it, 1:07.6 consistantly. the HRV is doing 1:07.3

The guy with a jazz is crazy, he is going through the 1st corner at around 145km/hr, the best I can do is 130km/hr.

What is unbelievable is everything is stock apart from the R881 toyo semi slicks.

Just look at the point score result from QR, he is 4th is his class.

first is a
red civic 1:05.4 (full exhaust, koni coilover)
silver civic 1:06.3 (full exhaust, stock suspension)
silver HRV 1:07.3 (fully exhaust, engine mod, unichip, mugen suspension)
white Jazz 1:07.6 (stock)

I've got BMC CDA, cat back exhaust, eibach springs.
I'm getting some Advan A048 for the next meet, hopefully to drop some time off again.

Zen said:
Clubman Circuit.

It's actually called the Sprint Circuit. Clubman is different again. There are 4 different configurations.

Cal.

Steve, watched a few laps of yours but didn't see times. 1:06 is very good for what looked a pretty stock car. 1:04's is pretty ambitious, I've seen a Clio do 1:05's however it had coil-overs and some engine mods.

Like I said previous, I went a 1:07.18. The car is pretty much stock except for Apex springs and obligitory Pod filter and rear box. Traction is my main problem. I'm doing 140-145 into turn one with about 130 coming out, 140 into turn 2 dropping off to about 130, 70 through the flip flops and 155 on the straight.

Room for improvement... getting balls big enough to hold 150 through turn 1. I've got the room on the track as not once have I drifted onto the ripple strip coming out of turn 1.

I won't be at the next sprint meet, I'll wait till April 12 for this AF one. Are you coming along?

Brad said:
Room for improvement... getting balls big enough to hold 150 through turn 1. I've got the room on the track as not once have I drifted onto the ripple strip coming out of turn 1.

Careful grasshopper. There is a very fine line between fast enough and too fast into T1. If you overcook it, even slightly, the result can be catastrophic. I was pushing the Sprinter faster and faster into one trying to find that extra 10th, when just a few km\h too fast very nearly cost me big time. Believe me, being on full opposite lock at 150-160 looking out the passenger window, is pretty frightening. Things start to happen very quickly indeed at that speed.

Cheers,

Cal.

Cal said:
Careful grasshopper. There is a very fine line between fast enough and too fast into T1. If you overcook it, even slightly, the result can be catastrophic. I was pushing the Sprinter faster and faster into one trying to find that extra 10th, when just a few km\h too fast very nearly cost me big time. Believe me, being on full opposite lock at 150-160 looking out the passenger window, is pretty frightening. Things start to happen very quickly indeed at that speed.

Cheers,

Cal.

Yes sensai. I actually overcooked it into T2 which was pretty fun, bit of opposite lock-on was a laugh in a FWD

Status
Not open for further replies.