Queensland French Car Display - July 10th 2022

UPDATE: CANCELLED
Please be advised that due to weather circumstances the Grand Display of French Cars in Brisbane, QLD has been cancelled this Sunday the 10th of July, 2022. Thank-you for your interest, and we plan on a bigger and better event for 2023!

Aaah rats, I'd even rostered the day off.😔

So disappointing! It has been a lonnnng time since the last. There has to be a large car park somewhere that is free on a Sunday?!

So disappointing! It has been a lonnnng time since the last. There has to be a large car park somewhere that is free on a Sunday?!
That’s what I’m thinking. Heard anything? Would love to get some people together anyhow.

Brisbane City Council nixed it due to the rain on the park.

I'm not on the organising committee but I've recently sat in on a planning meeting and let me tell you it's not just a matter of a bunch of guys turning up with 200 cars and have a field day. There is planning involved and management plans to be lodged, authorities to be informed prior, toilet marshals, first aiders, traffic management plans, noise abatement plans. Don't forget this is Australia!

And there's probably not a lot of benefit in having a half-arsed meeting and upsetting the locals at some impromptu ad-hoc venue. That doesn't do the brand any good at all, people will remember it for all the wrong reasons.

Last edited:
I'm not on the organising committee but I've recently sat in on one and let me tell you it's not just a matter of a bunch of guys turning up with 200 cars and have a field day. There is planning involved and management plans to be lodged, authorities to be informed prior, toilet marshals, first aiders, traffic management plans, noise abatement plans. Don't forget this is Australia!
Wow, yep, things are pretty complex here. I’d just love to have my car at an event! Don’t have many friends who into cars so it would have been nice. Oh well.

I went to the park on the day....as did a few others I saw. It was a stunning sunny day LOL

Grand Display of French Cars reprogrammed to 16 October 2022 and relocated at Distillery Road Markets, Eagleby.

Attachments

• GDFC-F1R2.pdf
    271.6 KB · Views: 114