Qld Grand Display French Cars 2019

GreenBlood

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
attachment.php

Citroen Car Club Queensland will be hosting the event this year - celebrating 100 years of the marque, let's make this a big one for Citroen - bring your Cit along for the day in whatever condition :citplak:

Of course, all French marques are welcome as always
:citroen: :peugeot: :renault: Simca etc.​

Attachments

• Qld Grand Display French Cars 2019.jpg
    Qld Grand Display French Cars 2019.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 1,061
If you're planning on displaying your Citroen, could you please let me know year and model, as I'm trying to work out how best to fit us all in. I'll start - either my 76 GS or the 99 Xantia.

G'day Bruce,

Riddle family will be bringing at least....
1. '99 Xantia
2. '06 C4
3. '06 C6
4. '08 C4

Three others may make it too, pending repairs completion and getting enough drivers.

Harvey.

Sorry, no idea about venue. I'm solely a volunteer marshall for my club, not an organiser. Are you a member of one of the three clubs that take turns in running this event each year? If so, talk to your club about venue next time they are the organiser.

Any chance of a different venue - loved the Story Bridge park, the Brookfield and Toowong spots previously. :)

The council would not allow a car display under the Story Bridge was why we left there, possible damage to their sprinkler system was the reason given, Toowong (St Lucia?) at the uni ended up being too small as more buildings were being built and our contact there retired. I don't know what the reason was for leaving Brookfield, but we had some complaint that it was "too far out" although only 10Klm from the city centre, and given we are car people, aren't we about driving? This was about when I left the organising group, not because of any disagreement, more because of shift work constraints. As a sideline I enjoyed being the Michelin Man at the various venues.

What don't you like about Murrarie, and where would you suggest?

Murrarie is hot and exposed, and often dusty compared to some of the previous spots which had shade and were always green (Brookfield). There was a great one in a park at Toowong near the bus depot there. That was possibly my favourite location: picturesque, clean, shady and convenient. Understand Murarrie is the chosen spot for now, but I wouldn't miss it if it were given the flick. :)

I remember the one in the park at Toowong (Anzac Park?) that was used as a stop gap, but would not fit us in now. I don't love Murrarie myself, but as I have nothing to with the organising now I will joyfully accept whatever venue is put up.

Inquiries were made in relation to a number of venues and Murarrie Rec. Reserve was suggested by Brisbane City Council. Murarrie may not be ideal but it fills the criteria for ease of access, being close to the Gateway, fairly close to City and large enough to take plenty of cars on display. As this years display incorporates Citroens celebration of 100 years there is likely to be more than a total of 200 cars on the ground, with the capacity for 300 if needed. BSC is extremely reluctant to allow cars on their parks, parks can not be used without their permission. The use of private property, schools, football clubs etc. if they can be found, can be expensive and difficult to access.
Any well researched and costed suggestion as an alternative would be welcomed. Meanwhile come along to this years event and enjoy what may well be the biggest collection of French cars we have seen in Brisbane.
Allen.:cheers:

Driving the R25 up on Saturday
Looking forward to visiting Brisbane and meeting fellow frog lovers

G'day Bruce,

Riddle family will be bringing at least....
1. '99 Xantia
2. '06 C4
3. '06 C6
4. '08 C4

Three others may make it too, pending repairs completion and getting enough drivers.

Harvey.

G'day again Bruce,
Update to my previous (above):

5. '98 Xantia

Can I assume that Xantias and C models will be near each other? No biggie if not, just trying to plan the family comfort setup.

See you there !
Harvey.

Hi Harvey, location depends a bit on how closely together vehicles arrive, as C with X will be in two columns, but they are quite apart. If your drivers can let me know they're all with you I can at least get them all in the one column.