Pug Suspension-an interview with Jean Baudin

pgti6

1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
I thought I'd repost this interview with Peugeot's Chef de Suspensions Jean Baudin.

Its a shame that there is probably no one like Baudin left at psa....explains things.

It takes many years to study the 'black arts' but some may become skilled in them, it is not what you know but what can do with the knowledge.
Experience is the key here. Also a term that means a lot, "Fit for purpose." Then there is "Personal choice."
:cheers: Brendan.

And then the 07 series happened... They're all still capable, but lost that particular brand of magic.

I lived the way my 406 handled. Relaxed and comfy, yet still eminently satisfying to punt quickly along country roads. No day more satisfying perhaps than watching a newish HSV skitter and bounce around behind me on the Trentham/Daylesford road, while my Pug quietly and confidently sucked up all the lumps and ruts and held much higher cornering speeds.

It's hard to believe that PSA would put in jeopardy the one thing that made them the envy of most if not all major manufacturers, that being their sublime handling across almost their entire range.

Remove that, then add component unreliability (Comms 2000), poor auto transmissions and electrics and it's no wonder why the brand slipped in both quality & total sales.

I hope the new ownership group can rescue them and the traits that made them such unique vehicles can once again be re-established.

The 208 is very good, particularly the GTI, they could see if they didn't get that right there would be no hope for the future.
Also, the new 308 got car of the year, so looks like they are back on track, hope its not too late.
Graham

It's hard to believe that PSA would put in jeopardy the one thing that made them the envy of most if not all major manufacturers, that being their sublime handling across almost their entire range.

Remove that, then add component unreliability (Comms 2000), poor auto transmissions and electrics and it's no wonder why the brand slipped in both quality & total sales.

I hope the new ownership group can rescue them and the traits that made them such unique vehicles can once again be re-established.

I just spent 30 minutes looking for this post. I have some friends that need to read the information presented here, so it seems a good opportunity for it to be up the top of the new posts list again!

Maybe 'rambo could make a sticky of it & give it a permanent home atop the Peugeot front page?

Maybe 'rambo could make a sticky of it & give it a permanent home atop the Peugeot front page?

The top of the Peugeot forum is sticky enough, thank you very much. Like the fridge, it needs to be cleared out every now and again.

Dave

The top of the Peugeot forum is sticky enough, thank you very much.

Agreed, very annoying on a mobile browser. On the other hand I think if anything is worthy of a sticky, it's this.

Seeing it's about how Peugeots stick to the road, let's make it as sticky as Sticky the stick insect getting stuck on a sticky bun.

God no. As has been mentioned, it's sticky enough.

In years gone by, this article was residing in the Peugeot "Road Tests" section, but that all disappeared in the crash. The Road tests section is still there, mind you, it's just empty :(