Pug 404 clutch slave pump

peugeotnut

Fellow Frogger
guys... recently purchased frm DerFranzose the lower clutch pump, but the circlip won't slot in my 1968 model, my original unit measures about 41.5mm and the new purchased measures about 39.5mm.. Just wandering if the new lower clutch pumps are for post 70's P404 or they are actually for P504?
Have attached some pictures . The hydraulic fittings are the same on both units. Thanks in advanced for any inputs.
IMG-20220630-WA0007.jpg
IMG-20220630-WA0008.jpg

Had me confused for a minute.
Here in Australia we call that a clutch slave cylinder.
(The one connected to the pedal, we call the clutch master cylinder).

Can't help you with your question though, but don't worry..... someone more knowledgeable will be along shortly.

I guess the cheap and easy solution is, strip the cylinder and have your local engineering shop to modify the groove to your desired length. If done properly, the clip will sit snugly against the face of the bell housing hole. It shouldn't be difficult for a competent turner.

Had me confused for a minute.
Here in Australia we call that a clutch slave cylinder.
(The one connected to the pedal, we call the clutch master cylinder).

Can't help you with your question though, but don't worry..... someone more knowledgeable will be along shortly.
Yes you are right, my mistake.

I guess the cheap and easy solution is, strip the cylinder and have your local engineering shop to modify the groove to your desired length. If done properly, the clip will sit snugly against the face of the bell housing hole. It shouldn't be difficult for a competent turner.
Thanks Dan, will have to do that.