Pug 403 bumper

peugeotnut

Fellow Frogger
Guys,

Need some help with this 403 bumpers.
The front and rear Pug 403 bumpers are divided into 3 sections. question is whether the center section in interchangeable between front and rear.

Thanks

Hi Peugeotnut,

I always thought that the front bar had an opening for a crank handle, how wrong I was. There is a hole in the front panel for that.

Anyhow, the parts manual listed on the Peugeot museum website, states that they are the same.

Hopes this helps.

Dano

bars 1.jpg

bars 2.jpg

bars 3.jpg

Peugeotnut , may depend on whether you have French style stainless bumpers or the Australian version. The corner sections are definitely different Australian to French and the front centre section may have holes for the attachment of number plate , it depends on what you need the information for - are you buying a centre section from France OR ? The parts page Dano has referred to is for the French stainless version.

Thanks Dano and Restorer for the replies.

Mine is 1959 and there are no holes on the bumper for the number plates. The magnet sticks to the bumpers therefore I doubt it's stainless steel.

I've got the chrome ones and the back and front are interchangeable on the sedan. The rear centre bit on the wagon is different though.