Pug 306 Rear torsion bar issue

10,000,000:1 est. (Providing the set screws either side are both fitted and tightened correctly).

Has the set screw on the opposite side of the car been checked?

10,000,000:1 est. (Providing the set screws either side are both fitted and tightened correctly).

Has the set screw on the opposite side of the car been checked?
This may require more explanation for my limited knowledge.

Clearance at each end the torsion bars is done by a set screw

torsionbarsetscrew.jpg

A set screw is used to centre the ARB.

ARB_adj.jpg

Any 306 will have this part, they should be a tight fit and not wear due top this and good area of fitment. Something is not right.

Any 306 will have this part, they should be a tight fit and not wear due top this and good area of fitment. Something is not right.
Thanks, that clears up the image in my head, I'll have a look and see what's what.

Good, 205,306,307 and I think 407 are all made the same way. Parts most likely not swappable but they use the same design.

Replying here as other thread has diverged.
I would suggest that the internal thread in the arm is worn/damaged. The standard thread is M8x1.25. Re-tap to M10x1.25 and your problems will disappear. Nothing will hold a bolt in the worn hole.
Totally agree, the second reason you need this solution is the hole for this bolt in your teardrop is also damaged allowing teardrop to move up and down and undoing the bolt (even more likely with a spring washer fitted). In the photo I posted at beginning of this thread you can see the 8mm elongated hole will be a snug fit (bolt diameter is approx 7.9mm) and limit teardrop to move vertically. Drilling it to 10mm will make it snug again.
As for the spring washer discussion, the bolt in the photo is a simple flat washer, and you can also see the factory thread locker residue which by the torque I needed to undo it is likely to be Loctite 262.

left_rearA.jpg

Your damaged teardrop

Lined_upA.jpg

Replying here as other thread has diverged.

Totally agree, the second reason you need this solution is the hole for this bolt in your teardrop is also damaged allowing teardrop to move up and down and undoing the bolt (even more likely with a spring washer fitted). In the photo I posted at beginning of this thread you can see the 8mm elongated hole will be a snug fit (bolt diameter is approx 7.9mm) and limit teardrop to move vertically. Drilling it to 10mm will make it snug again.
As for the spring washer discussion, the bolt in the photo is a simple flat washer, and you can also see the factory thread locker residue which by the torque I needed to undo it is likely to be Loctite 262.

View attachment 203234

Your damaged teardrop

View attachment 203235
Thanks Alex. You can certainly see ovalisation of the bolt hole. I'll have to invest in tools.