Pug 306 01 xsi questions nooby

Quietone

Tadpole
So questions I got are I got a heavy clutch is it suppose to be heavy .
Should I replace clutch or cable or both .
Also front right speakers intermitten problem sometimes it dont work .
Car is stock . Not mods as of yet .
Sorry for noob questions never had a frenchy euro car coming from all Japanese cars .

Pretty standard for a 306 the cables normally cause the notch feeling but over the years the release bearing catching on the input shaft sleeve and the release fork shaft (where it pivots in the bell housing ) cause the stiff feeling more so ,plenty of people have done clutches and cables and not lubed these points and still had bad feeling in the pedal.
With the front speakers being RHF ( door opened the most) its most likely the wiring in the front door jam really common to split normally the window wiring but it’s a weak point try opening and closing the door if it cuts out that’s it.

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Fix it right the first time

So a new clutch will fix the heavy clutch sorry for noob questions . I mite replace speaker wires when i get chance i good with audio stuff just never seen it happen b4 .

Yes but remember to lube the pivot points and sliding bearing well if you have a bumpy feeling in the pedal may need a cable as well.

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Fix it right the first time

Thanks i am not doing it myself taking to a break n clutch place to change it out . I am a motorcycle mechanic so car mechanics i know abit but not alot . I will tell the clutch guy about it unless he all rdy knows lol.

And be careful of the fiddly auto adjusting cables, only release the mechanism once its fitted! Frontline do a cable for this. FKC189 frm memory,check your model is compatible.

That multi wire connector at the door jam is a very poor design. My speaker went first, quickly followed by the window motor. I pulled it apart and re-wired it. It was a bugger of a job, finding enough new wire. I'm told there is a replacement part now, with unterminated wires.

Ill be replacing the speackers when i get time bought a new headunit for car today to replace cd player with a mechless one with bluetooth .