PSA V6 (ES9 Engine ) Cylinder numbering?

Gee mate, I find that offensive... I have been ( and still am, a mechanic of 40 years) I have had my workshop for 31 years. He who professes to know everything is a fool, just as you are to shoot your mouth off without knowing ANY facts about me.

I asked a simple question as I found confilcting answers online & in technical publications that I subscribe to each month, I didn't expect to get some smart comment questioning my mechanical abilities. I thought that is what forums are for..help

Don't worry he is a flog sort of person that just throws crap out with one hand on the keyboard and the other one elsewhere sort of person who would tell you your fixing his car wrong take it away then send it back via his wife because he is to gutless to admit he is a fool being in the trade you've seen them

Not my intention to offend, but you say you are a qualified mechanic and you would rather trust the internet than your own logic. What do you think that says about you?

Like I said, you can work out the firing order on your own (you don't actually need the factory cylinder numbering for anything other than reading factory manuals and as you have learned that can get murky quickly). But if you absolutely must you can work out that one too, if you have a mark on the front pulley. I have done it on many cars, and no, I am not a mechanic. Logic and reason beat qualifications every time.

Oh, and others ready to jump in please go back and read your own posts in the "Australia has a skills shortage" thread.

Motorgnome, again. You actually did better than most mechanics who would not even admit their own ignorance including some on this very site.
Definitely don't have a fu@# wit shortage

If ever anywhere near you on my travels, sorry, but you've got a visitor.
Love to do what you've done. Not sure as to whether I would attempt the 5 speed manual.
Where the hell did box and associated gear come from ?
John
Hi John
The engine & many other bits & pieces came out of a sorry old Peugeot 607. The 607 & 605 are related to the XM under the skin, in much the same way as a 405 & a BX are related, so there were many things on that car that were usefull & made the job look "Factory". The manual gearbox came from a 406 V6 5 speed. I was able to use the gearbox/flywheel shifter etc & mate that up to the 607 engine. The pedals & hydraulic clutch controls all came from the UK. The TD25 version uses the same gearbox, so a lovely young guy over there went to all the trouble of pulling it out & sending it over (no small job, as the dash has to come out), mind you, it wasn't cheap.

One of the bigger hurdles was actually postioning the power unit in the hole. This car, being a series 1 had the wheezy old PRV & ZF in it, so none of the mountings on the body lined up. I was aware of this before I started so kept the subframe out of the 607 to use for reference.

The bracket that bolts to the engine for the RH engine mount I had to make from scratch, as NO XM ever came out with the variable cam timing engine & that has a different bracket.

It has been a time consuming job, but nevertheless rewarding. The car's are pretty "valueless", but I love so many aspects of them so I decided to improve on the parts that I wasn't happy with, after all I have the skills & the workshop to do the job.

Reactions: COL