Programmable keys

Hi Dimistyle :)
Yes well just cutting a spare key is not so easy either. My daughters 2003 Mitzi Starwagon had only one key, that looked a simple non remote type, when we got it but it has an immobiliser chip so the key is $132 dollars?? But it was said if we lost it then to get the dealer to supply a key from scratch would be more than the car was worth.
Another case of manufacturers charging a lot because there is no choice. Customer service what is that ??? PSA is guilty of this here in Australia to a large degree. Perhaps they might get more repeat sales if they changed their ways, but not much sign of that :(
Jaahn

Hi Dimistyle :)
Yes well just cutting a spare key is not so easy either. My daughters 2003 Mitzi Starwagon had only one key, that looked a simple non remote type, when we got it but it has an immobiliser chip so the key is $132 dollars?? But it was said if we lost it then to get the dealer to supply a key from scratch would be more than the car was worth.
Another case of manufacturers charging a lot because there is no choice. Customer service what is that ??? PSA is guilty of this here in Australia to a large degree. Perhaps they might get more repeat sales if they changed their ways, but not much sign of that :(
Jaahn

Take the working key to a key cutting kiosk (or an "automotive locksmith), I faced the same situation with my son's ex Honda.

The working key, cut and rfid chip chip cloned cost $70.

Had a Jap import Passat and rhe main VAG dealer charged $300 for a spare non flip. Usual story they have to request details from Germany. They got the coding wrong twice so took about a month to get a spare in the end.

Sent from my SM-G900I using aussiefrogs mobile app

Take the working key to a key cutting kiosk (or an "automotive locksmith), I faced the same situation with my son's ex Honda.
The working key, cut and rfid chip chip cloned cost $70.

Hi Rob :)
That $132 was from the local Kiosk and local locksmith. I never bothered to ask the dealer a price :(
I must admit I would swim to Asia in preference to going to a dealer. What does that say :) ????
Jaahn

That $132 was from the local Kiosk and local locksmith. I never bothered to ask the dealer a price :(
I must admit I would swim to Asia in preference to going to a dealer. What does that say :) ????
Jaahn

You are a good swimmer???:confused:

Jo

Jaahn

That is a very expensive key .

I'd suggest he is subsidizing his trips to Asia on your key duplication.

But I guess that beats swimming.

For either of you. :D