Problems getting Lexia 3 to communicate with Series 1 Xantia Airbag ECU Solved

Ken W

VIP Paid Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
Hi Froggers,

I have worked out a way around the 2 problems with Lexia 3/Diagbox being able to communicate with the Series 1 Xantia Airbag ECU.

The first problem is that most of the 30pin adaptor cables seem to be wired for XMs not Xantias. The XM has a pre-tensioner test pin listed as D2 but the Xantia Airbag K-line is on the F3 pin. The 30 pin to 16 pin adaptor cable brings out the D2 pin on pin 13 of the 16 pin interface connector and luckily, it brings out F3 as pin 8 but that is not connected to anything on a Series 2 Xantia.

The Series 2 Xantia with the 16 pin connector expects a airbag ECU on pin 13 of its 16 pin OBD style connector. The Lexia version within Diagbox communicates OK with the Airbag ECU on a Series 2 Xantia. I made an OBD adaptor cable that transfers the power and earth leads and pin8 from the 30 pin adaptor cable and transfers pin 8 to pin 13 on the Lexia connector. I could still not get a signal on the F3 pin of the 30 connector using a Series 1 Xantia model with Lexia 3 within Diagbox because it did not seem to connect a pull up resistor to Pin 13. However, if you select the model Xantia 2, the pull up resistor is applied and the computer is very happy to commmunicate to the Series 1 airbag ECU. At least now one can start to read and grapple with the errors bringing on the dashboard light in a series 1 Xantia.

More on that later.

Cheers Ken.

Last edited: