Problems 'at mill' :-(

Hmmm yes I received that message yesterday and today just now :devilish:
But today is a new day and possibly a new mother board or what ever ??
Thanks for the forum GibGib. :cool:
Jaahn

A couple of times there seems to be an attempt to divert to habeta ............cgi hope that was legitimate and not a hack attempt I did copy the link just in case..

The page was a server redirection. Look up "Common Gateway Interface". The HTML suspended code was served.

Last edited:
That's an AF page. The triple whammy came by redirection from the hosting company that stated that AF had been suspended.

(Am I the only one to fondly remember the inhabitants of Dogpatch? )

That's weird see snip below

Attachments

• aussiefrogs certificate.JPG
    aussiefrogs certificate.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 150
This one is first then the certificate above is next.

Attachments

• aussiefrogs weird.JPG
    aussiefrogs weird.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 147
When "suspended" came up in the browser (Vivaldi), Instead of using the inbuilt development tools, I used a terminal to echo the HTTPS request and response.

It was a 301 redirection to an internal CGI action.

When "suspended" came up in the browser (Vivaldi), Instead of using the inbuilt development tools, I used a terminal to echo the HTTPS request and response.
It was a 301 redirection to an internal CGI action.
Gees I wish you guys would talk english 🥴
I have had problems this morning again with various messages. However when answering threads I note that it does load the reply despite the seeming rejection. So i had to remove some double posts from me trying again. So now I just open a second window to check what happened and if the answer is there. Hmm:cautious:
Jaahn

Whadaya mean Speak English! You are no better than me.

Your second window is analogous in a way to my intercepting the actual server connection to look at what happened.

HTTP (and S ) are protocol "conversations" for connection to a remote computer, and are packets of human readable text. You ask the machine at the IP address to GET you a particular site hosted there. (This IP address hosts hundreds of web sites).

It responds to your browser. There may be a further conversation to ensure that the server and browser will behave as expected, before the web page comes down, or the server may instead just throw back a short message with an error code, which happened here. The code instructed the browser to re-connect, and a non-AF message was sent.

Most normal people don't wish to see this, so the browser won't show it unless directed to, usually by the built-in developer tools.

Think of it as a code reader for internet connections.

Hi :)
Things were bad yesterday here. I tried to answer several times but could not get it to work.
But then discovered my internet was bad also. Generally got worse till it seemed to not work at all after tea. So who knows what the particular problem was. Today is another day. Seems to be OK just now ??
Hmm maybe not 🥴
Jaahn

I'm not seeing any problems this morning, so I'd focus on getting your Internet connection fettled...

Hmm :)
Still a bit flakey ?? I have learned to ignore any messages and do not repost a second time. It seems to post OK the first time so is just a bit confused o_O Possibly my connection is a bit slow so that may not help.
I note that the reply is posted OK, but the message window still has the message there, which is why we think it needs to be reposted. But I now ignore that and clear it. 🥴 Some glitch !
Jaahn

After you have posted, immediately hit the Reload button and then you can highlight the entire text remaining on screen and delete it. Your post will then appear "posted".

G'day,
email notifications of new postings on watched threads seem to have disappeared, since late August.... ?
Bob

G'day,
email notifications of new postings on watched threads seem to have disappeared, since late August.... ?
Bob
Wonder if that was due to the introduction of the pushed information where you elect to follow the posts of persons? (News feed)

Very strange variation from where we subscribed to subjects of interest which made it easy to comment if you wished on the new input as seen in the email - without that email its a bit hard to find those threads, and when you do it has wandered on from whatever it was we were discussing.

Does reduce the number of emails deleted each day when a topic is hotly discussed. :) though....

Last edited:
Just reviewing a few of the deleted emails on my computer this one was 31/08/2020, and the last watched thread notification seems to be 01/09/2020 - so whatever happened in between those dates threw a small load of gremlins into the equation - Hope this helps the team identify the issue. (burnt the toast...?) :p

Ken

gibgib replied to a thread you are watching at aussiefrogs - The Australian French Car Forum Since 1999.
Problems 'at mill' :-(
Had a call from the host this afternoon.

There is something wrong with the server we are on which may be the motherboard.
This server is being replaced, but they are wanting to move us to another server instead that boast solid state drives, so.... this is happening mid night tonight. Hopefully no one will notice as no one stays up quite that late except, those toasty boys who stayed up 'til quarter past twelve. Silly.
Please do not reply to this message. You must visit the forum to reply.
This message was sent to you because you opted to watch the thread Problems 'at mill' :-( at aussiefrogs - The Australian French Car Forum Since 1999 with email notification of new replies. You will not receive any further emails about this thread until you have read the new messages.
If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you may disable emails from this thread or disable all emails.