Problems 'at mill' :-(

jaahn

1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
Hi :)
I have noticed that the forum is having problems on and off. Some days back it was not accessable at all for half a day. Since then seems slow to load and sometimes not at all. Gives this notice just now but obviously is going again. Any reason ?? :rolleyes:
"Resource Limit Is Reached
The website is temporarily unable to service your request as it exceeded resource limit. Please try again later. "
Jaahn

I have noticed a reduction in availability of the site, particularly this evening!

yep... she s been really slow... comes and goes... good right this moment...

cheers

dino

There are 700 odd websites on the server, but AF is probably the busiest. Perhaps they are in lockdown.

Still crook.

Maybe too many/bigger photos posted since the refurb made it possible?
Seems like a few new members as well, but that can’t be bad.

Not unless there is a large number of simultaneous photo viewers. Storage isn't bandwidth.

Not unless there is a large number of simultaneous photo viewers. Storage isn't bandwidth.

We are nearing the end of the month.

Copied from the server status of the host:

-------------------------------------------
Scheduled emergency outage BETA (Reported)

• Priority - Critical
  • Affecting Server - ha.beta

• Server BETA appears to have a faulty drive controller which is scheduled for emergency replacement in the afternoon 28/8/2020.
    Once commenced this is expected to take about 1 hr.
    We apologise for the inconvenience.

• Date - 28/08/2020 15:00
  • Last Updated - 28/08/2020 14:07
----------------------------------------------
Sites are showing "Resource Limit Reached" (Investigating)

• Priority - Critical
  • Affecting Server - ha.beta

• The server platform BETA is currently report "Resource Limit Reached' when a user attempts to view a website.
    This is the result of an overnight upgrade that has not deployed properly.
    Network Operations is currently redeploying updates with the intent to resolve the issue.
    UPDATE 11:50am: The current issue with your web hosting platform has been escalated directly to data centre staff. There appears to be a power issue in the datacentre and onsite technicians are investigating the server currently. The is no ETR at this time.

• Date - 25/08/2020 09:55
  • Last Updated - 25/08/2020 11:51

Thanks for the update, the very windy weather has also introduced blackouts and disruptions, I guess we are very fortunate in that most times everything loads very quickly.

Ken

Hmm :devilish:
Yes ! To make it worse my internet provider is shite today also. But I am here now (y)
Jaahn

Yes. I have had intermittent issues with AF site for about a month, both at home on satellite and at work on fibre. I thought it may have been dodgy resource allocation to our rural connections, but obviously it is something more serious. It seems the replacement of the drive controller foreshadowed by GibGib above hasn't fixed the problem, if it was indeed replaced as promised. :oops: :(

Had a call from the host this afternoon.

There is something wrong with the server we are on which may be the motherboard.
This server is being replaced, but they are wanting to move us to another server instead that boast solid state drives, so.... this is happening mid night tonight. Hopefully no one will notice as no one stays up quite that late except, those toasty boys who stayed up 'til quarter past twelve. Silly.

Hmmn is there a problem with awarding someone a LIKE, for the content or wit of their post. or have I broken the Like limit, :mallet: keeps say 'Oops we ran into a problem..."

Just a very minor thing...

Hmmn is there a problem with awarding someone a LIKE, for the content or wit of their post. or have I broken the Like limit, :mallet: keeps say 'Oops we ran into a problem..."server error encounterred" just like now - sometime displays later, sometimes as several duplicates.

Just a very minor thing... Lets see what happens with this one.