Prices gone through the roof for Fuegos?

Haven't sold it yet. Very original even to the wheels. How old are the tyres I wonder? If newish they are expensive.

Some one was offered 6 g for a truck he had.

ONE HAD SOLD RECENTLY FOR AROUND 100 .

Asking and getting in life can be varied and many ,

BUT THAT IS LIFE !!

There was a Citroen Ami (unrestored) on Gumtree for $50,000+ a few weeks ago - ad has disappeared, so not sure what result was - would love to know :).

This sort of price does get paid for SMs and Ds in exceptional condition - but I really doubt that an Ami has that sort of following...

There was a Citroen Ami (unrestored) on Gumtree for $50,000+ a few weeks ago - ad has disappeared, so not sure what result was - would love to know :).

This sort of price does get paid for SMs and Ds in exceptional condition - but I really doubt that an Ami has that sort of following...
It deserves a strong following. Brilliant car.

I'm regularly surprised by celebrations of low values for quite special cars. A good Fuego is a reliable, special and pretty competent vehicle. They have unique, quite timeless styling and are eminently usable.

Why would we want them sold cheaply? Not many good ones out there. I know Rolls-Royces of that era and a bit earlier (Silver Shadow onwards) can be inexpensive to buy relative to new price, but try running one......

Let's hear it for decent prices for classic Renaults!!! I have no vested interest as ours are not for sale, full stop.

The story has been told that the current seller bought the car recently for a reasonable sum, and is now trying to profit from it. I guess not bad if you can do it, but the market is quite thin on buyers I suspect. I would buy Barry in Canberra’s turbo for $8000. My own Fuego is very similar in condition to the one for sale barring mine has 200k. I believe I am well overcapitalised at $6k.

Exactly right John W ! If you want a cheap car go and buy it but don't then go and talk down the values of French cars !
What incentive is their to restore or collect a classic or rare car when so called like minded enthusiasts continue to talk down the respective marque!
I for one aren’t talking down prices on any marque. Classics across the board have been steadily rising for years now, which is fantastic for owners everywhere. If the Fuego seller in question gets his price, Fuego owners should be celebrating as their time has well and truly arrived!

The story has been told that the current seller bought the car recently for a reasonable sum, and is now trying to profit from it. I guess not bad if you can do it, but the market is quite thin on buyers I suspect. I would buy Barry in Canberra’s turbo for $8000. My own Fuego is very similar in condition to the one for sale barring mine has 200k. I believe I am well overcapitalised at $6k.
"Thin on buyers" rings true. It's the reason for low prices too, I suspect. Barbarians out there....... :)

People pay that money for a Gemini or Corolla very happily.
I think those buyers would have to admit a Fuego is a better car?

but then again they are not used to comfortable seats and basic luxuries.

Hi Alan

My Fuego Turbo was sold last Sunday to a NSW Renault club member in Sydney who absolutely loved the car. He previously had two Fuegos but not Turbo so he appreciates the model. I only sold it because I have run out of room and am now down to 3 Alpines plus my tow vehicle (2003 BA Falcon XR6 Turbo ute).

Barry, I am glad you were able to sell your Fuego. I did think it was very good value, but as I currently have 10 cars and 10 bikes, like you I have run out of room at my place and some others I am using. Hard part is which ones to sell, harder to keep them all in good order.

I am happy that the days of people offering "beer change" for Fuggies is over, the Fuego has always been timeless in its styling and delight to drive on the open road and you can do some wonderful things to boost performance without breaking the bank. So an ideal car for young people to "cut their motoring teeth" though in this day of "risk averse" parenting one difficulty was the lack of modern day safety features like air bags, I had many youngsters wanting to buy some of my spare cars that seem to be attracted to our locality, but the parents who themselves used to drive cars without airbags etc and survived, they want all the safety features for their precious progeny.

Can't blame them for that of course, it is natural to protect your own more than you did yourself, and the roads are a risky place these days when you consider some of the newspaper reports. Many parents who can now afford luxury cars for themselves, seem to buy beamers for their kids, but I can say this, those kids still have accidents and close encounters as I witnessed recently.

I wonder who (age etc)it is driving up Fuego prices,? I might one day need to tap into that market.:rolleyes::)

Ken

my next door neighbours boy got into speedway and we built up a Toyota Corolla that he used to win races on.
I did the engine which was a very high compassion engine made to be revved to the max and not break.
We didn't cheat on the carb but should have.
I took him for a drive one day on on Fuego on dirt roads and showed him how the FWD would work on speedway, this was a street car a nd he could see torque steer was a gift.
I had a spare car to donate and we were looking at well over twice the power, so it was a good idea.
That wasn't even including a R25 bottom end!
The lad moved on to better things in Japan away from the little village.

Some time back i purchased a modified 206 GTI 180 and i thought, "Beyond belief on dirt roads, poise and silly acceleration"
Next level is the Lancia .

Looks like a “power steering” model too which would make it much more desirable for me.

The wheels look like R25 wheels which may be imperial size but the likes of JohnW would know.

Interesting that the price is just below what I paid for my “brand spanking new” Sno White car in 1984 from David Lewis Motors in Launceston. It had a motor that would never die, long after the plastics in the door pull shattered and the springs in the front seat sagged. Great shifting gearbox too. All used in the 21 ( not the seats).

At least the wheels look period. Hate modern wheels on a Fug.

my next door neighbours boy got into speedway and we built up a Toyota Corolla that he used to win races on.
I did the engine which was a very high compassion engine made to be revved to the max and not break.
We didn't cheat on the carb but should have.
I took him for a drive one day on on Fuego on dirt roads and showed him how the FWD would work on speedway, this was a street car a nd he could see torque steer was a gift.
I had a spare car to donate and we were looking at well over twice the power, so it was a good idea.
That wasn't even including a R25 bottom end!
The lad moved on to better things in Japan away from the little village.

Some time back i purchased a modified 206 GTI 180 and i thought, "Beyond belief on dirt roads, poise and silly acceleration"
Next level is the Lancia .
I used to hill-climb a 16TS many moons ago at the wonderful little track at Echo Valley (near Toowoomba - full of houses now). There was nothing the 16 could touch going up the hill, I regularly won my class and was faster than some of the cars in the next class up. The 'triangular' track (up/down hilly) was a hoot, I used to race a bog standard Mini 850, the class was called Formula 7 - I won the final in 1974. In the "good old days" they would get on the mike and ask if anyone in the crowd wanted to race, all you needed was a helmet and a seatbelt, and I used to take the 16 out for that. My most memorable race was with a V8 Monaro - he would fly past me on the straights and I would go around him at every corner (inside or out, whatever was available) - unfortunately he won because the finish line was half way along the main straight...happy days.