PP2000/diagbox not recognising my 407

UNM

Fellow Frogger
Finally tried out my Lexia cable with PP2000 on the 407 today.

It completely failed to recognise any of the cars BSI/ECU's

The cable I have is NOT the full chip version, but it at least recognises the engine ECU on my daughters 307. It also worked fine on ym 206GTi.

SO I am not sure if it is the cable, the software, or the selection of car that is responsible. Anyone able to help?

When I get into pp2000/diagbox and enter the VIN, it wants me to select the model of car I have the following options:

407 saloon or estate with an old generation BSI
407 hatchback or estate with a cross range BSI
407 coupe fitted with a cross range BSI
407 hatchback or estate with a modified BSI
407 coupe with a modified BSI

As I have a saloon, there is only one option, which is what I selected (never seen a hatchback).

I can verify that the OBD port works, because it did respond when I plugged in a generic ELM327 OBD dongle

So can anyone shed light on what is at fault? Any troubleshooting tips?

I am getting close to just buying a new full chip cable set as they are so cheap these days.

Do you have the interface update tool sometimes the firmware of the interface goes u/s I have a copy I could but on mega if you want also what diagbox are you running even our dealer tool did this from time to time.

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Fix it right the first time

running diagbox 7.61. I've never actually used it on a correctly functioning interface as I upgraded the s/w after my 206GTi was sold, so it has only been run with the 307 which didn't fully work with my cable.

I have (or had) the psa interface checker s/w, is that what you meant? For some reason it can't find the shortcut on my netbook that has diagbox, but it is on another laptop.

And now, my diagbox laptop has finally died completely (my last one running Win XP).

I am trying to work out how to get a virtual PC running under Windows 7 with a WinXP environment, then I shall load up the diagbox s/w on that.

If you have recommendations for a suitable version of firmware and diagbox s/w, I shall start with that, once I have a stable WinXP setup. Might take a few days in between work.

Thanks for your help.

running diagbox 7.61. I've never actually used it on a correctly functioning interface as I upgraded the s/w after my 206GTi was sold, so it has only been run with the 307 which didn't fully work with my cable.

I have (or had) the psa interface checker s/w, is that what you meant? For some reason it can't find the shortcut on my netbook that has diagbox, but it is on another laptop.

And now, my diagbox laptop has finally died completely (my last one running Win XP).

I am trying to work out how to get a virtual PC running under Windows 7 with a WinXP environment, then I shall load up the diagbox s/w on that.

If you have recommendations for a suitable version of firmware and diagbox s/w, I shall start with that, once I have a stable WinXP setup. Might take a few days in between work.

Thanks for your help.

I can't advise anything about the Peugeot software.

However, I can unreservedly recommend VMware as as virtual environment for any windows Os. It's free for non commercial use from the VMware website.

I've been using it for 5 years plus. You will find spending some time learning the jargon will be amply rewarded.

It leaves Windows Virtual PC for dead.

Well I downloaded the Windows virtual PC and managed to get it up and running a WinXP client which let me load up the diagbox 7.02 install CD.

Diagbox 7.02 starts, runs, connects to the VCI but does not talk to the 407. It tries to run a global test and gets no response from any control unit.
At least I now have a laptop with 5 mins of battery life (5 mins more than the last one) so I can now move the laptop without fear of the power cord dropping out.

Progress of a sort.

Now to get a PSA interface checker running. My version is 2.9 and doesn't seem to talk to the cable at all. I may be missing a driver as I seem to remember the original was a .rar containing more than one file, I only have an exectuable on my current laptop.

Well I downloaded the Windows virtual PC and managed to get it up and running a WinXP client which let me load up the diagbox 7.02 install CD.

Diagbox 7.02 starts, runs, connects to the VCI but does not talk to the 407. It tries to run a global test and gets no response from any control unit.
At least I now have a laptop with 5 mins of battery life (5 mins more than the last one) so I can now move the laptop without fear of the power cord dropping out.

Progress of a sort.

Now to get a PSA interface checker running. My version is 2.9 and doesn't seem to talk to the cable at all. I may be missing a driver as I seem to remember the original was a .rar containing more than one file, I only have an exectuable on my current laptop.

I'd check out if the virtual PC is in fact connecting to the PCs USB or Serial ports.

I'd check out if the virtual PC is in fact connecting to the PCs USB or Serial ports.

That was exactly the problem I had when I tried to run a virtual 32-bit Windows machine on my 64-bit Windows 7 laptop. I gave up & used a old laptop with XP installed.

That was exactly the problem I had when I tried to run a virtual 32-bit Windows machine on my 64-bit Windows 7 laptop. I gave up & used a old laptop with XP installed.

One of the many reasons, why I prefer VMware over Virtual PC.

Sometimes VPC simply won't connect to USB/serial/ printer ports on some applications being visualized. :wink2:

I have VMware, running on Win7/64 virtualizing WinXP , Win7/32, Linux Mint, Free Dos etc etc

You get much faster operation if the VMware "virtual file" is on a different hard/solid state drive to the hosting operating system. And if you allocate an unused network card to the host operating systems the operation is even faster.

I assume it is as the s/w complained about lack of a VCI until I plugged it into the USB port, at which point it detected the interface (just wont talk to the car yet).

Anyone able to point me to a safe download place for an up to date interface checker?

Oh and also, I am considering buying a Delphi DS150E since it works with other manufacturers too. Is there anything I should watch out for when buying one from eBay? I don't want to end up with one missing a whole load of functions just to save a couple dollars.

Last edited:
I managed to get my old netbook with known working diagbox to boot today.:)
Started the PSA interface checker and finally managed to work out how to show the versions.

It is recognised by windoze as a ACTIA USB device, with a USB Com Board Evolution Driver. Driver version is 4.0.0.0

psa interface checker reports it as
APPLI_XS_FUJI_p106138a v4.3.2 @actia 03.01.14
Reference Serial is: 921815 C/

In other news, my ELM32 module found a stored error code P1351. No fault on dash. I suspect one bad glow plug and, given I wil be servicing it next week, have ordered a complete set of bosch glow plugs which I will replace while flushing the coolant and cleaning the EGR valve. Can't hurt and they are pretty cheap these days.

I agree don’t do it

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring

I agree don’t do it

Really, with one likely to be dead?

Doesn't seem too hard from looking at the Haynes manual. Time consuming, but I have a week off.
Apart from the tight access and need to remove the EGR valve first, what other problems am I likely to enconter?

If it is likely to cause other issues, I am willing to reconsider.

The can break off in the head then it’s game over need to be very careful I’ve been in the trade for years and always avoid them now there is a really good Alan howitt video on utube on these

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE

The can break off in the head then it’s game over need to be very careful I’ve been in the trade for years and always avoid them now there is a really good Alan howitt video on utube on these

Found this one:
https://youtu.be/5mSNlOj2n5Q

Seems to be the one you referred to.

I shall probably be taking the EGR valve off anyway for an inspect/clean. I will see how I go and report back.

Many thanks for the advance warning, quite possily saved me from causing more problems.

Several years ago, and unaware of both Alan Howatt and dmc on Aussie frogs, I reluctantly set about removing no.1 glow plug on a RHR which had a slight problem in no.1 cylinder. A very trusted mechanic insisted the problem was one of compression, so without caution I set about removing its glow plug. After 2-3 days of laying, mostly, on top of the engine the compression tester was hooked up and a slight compression leak on the intake side was proven. Without knowing of any short cuts, save for engine removal, it was a most unpleasant task to be avoided at all costs, and in this country there is little if any need for working glow plugs in common rail diesels. When it comes to checking comp in a glow plug situation akin to the RHR, my suggestion would be to get an old injector of the same type and modify it so that the tester can be attached at an accessible location.

Disconnected the glow plug connector at top left of the engine and checked resistance today. All four pins are showing open circuit on the connector leading to the plugs.
That seems weird to me. I would expect if they were all open circuit that a check engine light would come on.

Also, my diagbox still isn't working. Running out of ideas. If my younger daughter turns up with her car in the near future, at least i can check if the laptop and cable work on hers. Can anyone confirm - is my interface firmware OK (ref my previous post)?

I do have a ds150e on order, based on dmccurtayne's recommendations, so will also report back on any success with getting that to talk to the 407.

Last edited:
Ds150e work on all peugeot older than 2016 if you end up getting the 2013 software pm me I can send you a download link for 2016 r1 I’ve even coded keys on a new 3008 with this

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE

As said before just get the interface I have the latest version and a link to a clean download

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE