Please help name that sound (that can’t be good?!)

307PugSW

Tadpole
Tadpole
Hi Folks, my first time here and with an issue with my 2006 307SW. 2l petrol
In these winter morning it starts up with an unusual sound. It is not directly related to engine revs so am thinking it is a pump going through it’s motions. I recorded it in the vid attached. After a run to the supermarket and back the sound has gone. An hour later after it has cooled down the sound is back...
Two videos attached. The one in the dark is the cold start first thing. The sound originated at the back and down low On the cam belt side of the engine...
Any suggestions for this novice? Not taken it the garage as yet as I’d like some inkling as to the seriousness.
Many thanks in advance...

Hi Folks, my first time here and with an issue with my 2006 307SW. 2l petrol
In these winter morning it starts up with an unusual sound. It is not directly related to engine revs so am thinking it is a pump going through it’s motions. I recorded it in the vid attached. After a run to the supermarket and back the sound has gone. An hour later after it has cooled down the sound is back...
Two videos attached. The one in the dark is the cold start first thing. The sound originated at the back and down low On the cam belt side of the engine...
Any suggestions for this novice? Not taken it the garage as yet as I’d like some inkling as to the seriousness.
Many thanks in advance...

Please attach videos
Apologies... I thought I had attached them prior to posting. Turns out I can only do one at a time... hope this works... will post the warmed up ‘no worries’ video separately next

Thanks for the pointer! I’ll get it checked out. Appreciate your guidance on this.
Kind regards, Rob