pics

Andreas

Fellow Frogger
i thought it was about time that i posted this.
tb1.JPG

[This message has been edited by Andreas (edited 29 May 2001).]

Andreas,

Well done Andreas looks great
I was wondering when we were going to get a look at those throttle bodies
Good to see someone else serious about building a high performance peugeot
These cars have a lot of potential
I will catch u at Melbourne auto salon

Murat

Other than better throttle response, does it go any harder? I'm always dubious about the increase in inlet air temp with those type of setups. Some cars have trumpets inside a cold air box.

Other than better throttle response, does it go any harder? I'm always dubious about the increase in inlet air temp with those type of setups. Some cars have trumpets inside a cold air box.

i've got an air box planned for it, there is definitely more power, but i cant really compare it to a standard car as i was running my motor with the rally cams on the standard ecu and it ran like crap.
who cares about power, the sound is much more important
smile.gif
LOL

What type of profile? Duration, lift etc? Price? Also, which type of ECU are you running? I noticed a non-std. distributor housing. Do you have a pick up in there? I'm considering mounting one behind the power steering pulley. I've seen it done and it works very well if you don't need a home signal. My other option is to tap into the std. ECU before the ignition timing, and just use it as an amplifier for the std. pick up.

What car is this in?
I am assuming it is a 16v 2.0L.
What does that setup cost and is it MUCH louder?

------------------
1995 306 S16

it's in a 405 and it's a 1.9 mi16.
your motor would be great to turbo/supercharge as it has the cast iron block and even peugeot themselves used it with a turbo, albeit with internal changes.
anyway, my setup is great, not much benefit without wild cams and other work.
needs a programmable ecu which is where the $$$ comes into play.
the throttle bodies themselves with linkages, tubes etc cost about $1200, then you need a manifold, wiring loom, ecu and dyno/mapping.
you can easily spend $5000 with a decent ecu.
i didnt get much of a chance to test it out, i need larger injectors to get more power and i also need a new clutch.

Putting oil in can be messy cant it !
I see you have a similar problem with the placement of the oil breather/filler system. I thought you had upgraded with an oil cooler?

Why does it need larger injectors? What is the current duty cycle at max. torque?

Nope, no extra oil cooler.
The current injectors as with all oz spec mi16 are the same as 1.9 8v injectors.
214cc, 42.8bhp.
my peak power currently is at 6500rpm as they have limited it just above it due to lack of fuel.
peak power was 105kw at the wheels.
I will be buying injectors that are around 300cc, 60bhp.

tell me if i'm wrong?

Andreas

The duty cycle tells you how long your injectors are open for. 100% means they're open all the time. At 6500RPM you have 9.2ms to get the fuel in. ie 6500RPM = 1/6500 minutes per revolution. Mutliply x 60 = 9.2ms
However, you shouldn't go above 80% duty cycle. That means 9.2 x 0.8 = 7.36ms. Have a look at your 6500 map. If you're around that figure you should probably go up a size. Your ECU should tell what the duty cycle is as you're driving (if you've got the guts to look at a laptop screen at full noise!)You should be able to datalog a run and look back at the figures. Bear in mind larger injectors make it more difficult to tune at low RPMs. 105kW @ the wheels is good! What type of cam profile(s)?

Andreas,

214cc will support 163.2 at 100% duty cycle
At a safe 80% they will only support 130.5hp
Where did u get the injector flow rates for the mi16 injectors
It doesn't make sense for them to use the same injectors as the 8v
Could u post the bosch partnum for the injectors
I think a nice mi16 putting out about 200hp at the fw will need 330cc injectors at a safe 80% duty cycle and will support around 250hp intermittently

Murat

The injector number I obviously got off the injector, they're different injectors to what the 160bhp mi16 (UK) had though.
I assume because we got the detuned version they gave us smaller injectors.

got the 205 injector info from here:
http://www.205gti.com/bosch/injectors.htm
the injector i have is the:
0 280 150 762 214 cm3/min Volvo B230F, Peugeot 205/309 GTi 1.9
maybe oz 205GTi's have different injectors again?

the one i'm looking at getting is the:
0 280 150 945 300 cm3/min Red/brown Ford Motorsport

You dont think 300cc will be enough?
The pug 505 turbo injector would be good, if only we had the cars here, would be able to pick them up from a wrecker.

PeterT, no idea what cam profiles i have, i bought the motor with them already done, i've just added the ecu and quads.
Apparently they are some sort of Peugeot Sport rally cam, dont know the specifics though.
105kw @ the wheels would be good if my clutch were good.
wink.gif

Andreas

[This message has been edited by Andreas (edited 29 June 2001).]

Andreas,

My injector num is
0280 150 725
I have been trying to get a flow rate for the above injector
I have not come across information for the above injector
It will most likely won't even flow what your OEM injector flows
I will find the flow rate or i will test the dam thing my self
I think
An m16 with rally cams
quad throttle bodies
Aftermarket injection
should be good for around 200hp setup correctly
328cc injector run at a cool 80% duty cycle will have a nice spray pattern
A 300cc injector open wide at 100% running hot will have a iffy spray pattern
If you stay off the race track you will be fine with 300cc
Remember you dont want to run lean
Andreas you should make 200hp at the flywheel if you have decent cams

Murat

By my estimation, 105kW at the wheels should be damn close to 147kW at the flywheel. Wheel horsepower often seems to be around 72% of manufacturer rated flywheel horsepower -the dyno day we had 2 years ago for members of the NSW pug club seemed to confirm this.

147kW is about 196HP, so that's damn close to 200HP. That's about 2% difference, which is probably within experimental error.

Dave

Dave,

Thats about right
I would bet it could even be over 200hp
I know for a fact that i have watched a couple of fwd's on dynos and the power loss is very minimal
Fwd are very efficient compared to rwd and worse awd when it comes to driveline loss.

Murat

well i'll look at some other injectors then, hoping to have them in by auto salon aswell as dialling the cams in for some more top end, if all things go to plan i want to give it a run on the dyno there.
the 105kw i have is on a snapshot, not an actual run where there is a greater loss of traction, i think it was only 96kw on a run.
105kw is about 196bhp flywheel assuming about 25% drivetrain loss, i'm hoping for 220bhp, not sure what other work i will need, maybe i'll just look for an optimistic dyno
smile.gif

not much can be made of dyno figures anyway can it, unless you use the same one each time and it's run in the same way.