Peugeot's last adorable shape . . .

207cc Sport

Fellow Frogger
attachment.php

Attachments

• PEUGEOT-RCZ-4094_49.jpg
    PEUGEOT-RCZ-4094_49.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 683
It is all in the eye of the beholder of course & no objectivity is possible but I decline to agree & find myself going further back in time than this lumpen-snouted beast..

How many more do you think they would have sold if it had a mid-engined turbo putting it out through the rear wheels?? It's like the shape doesn't agree with the drive train...

It goes to show that you can only get so far if you try to get by on looks.

People have certain expectations? requirements? desires? for something they spend big(-ish) on. Looks are important (possibly a deal breaker for many) but so are other considerations. A car like that needs to be very well thought out to capture its market. Not sure what the brief was, but I think it was aimed at a very competitive market where you can easily miss the mark.

They sold 68,000 of them over 6 years so that's not too bad for a niche model. Not as high as the 107,000 sales of the 406 Coupé, but those were on sale for 8 years and were more practical.

I think the niche is more like Mazda MX5/Toyota 86 kinda thing. Tough slot to get into.

The RCZ was direct competitor to the Audi TT. Made exclusively at the Steyr Magna factory, Austria.

A sublime feline shape . . . No Frog noses here . . . This is a head turner shape. Go PSA.

As cute as a pert Parisian waitress, and more.

I've got one. Love it . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO7640kTUeM

Last edited:
Yeah, defining yourself in relation to Audi TT is not doing you any favours, you know hairdresser car and the rest of it.

But the problem I see is that the TT itself doesn't have a clear customer segment it is addressing. What is it? Poser coupe?

Nah.

The class is small (basically two seater) sport car. Where you have like I said, Toyota 86, Mazda MX5, the BMW M1? M3?- whatever (if you're mentally unstable) etc, and more recently the new Alpine, which is by far better looking and a much better car (truly in the same league with the Mazda and the Toyota). Yes, the Alpine is a bit more expensive but you get a lot more for the 30k$ extra than you got for the 70k you paid back when the RCZ was new.

I agree it is a sexy looking car. How about its rear spoiler that raises after a certain speed. I just don't get the noise enhancer pipe in the engine bay to elicit a sporty cabin note. What is the point of that?

Even ss commos had that pipe could be worse could have fake noise pumping into the stereo system ( ala regi) funny all the Rcz cars we sold only one customer wanted it blocked off.

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Fix it right the first time

Actually it was pretty damned decent up the Col de Turini when I did it in 2014 - easily shook off the Civic SI that was behind us.

Last edited:
Well, glad you enjoy it. Like I said, the looks (which is what you opened the thread with/for) don't seem that convincing to me. In fact I think the Mk1 front looks ghastly. Mk2 a bit better but still. The rest is irrelevant. I agree it has enough power, reviews apparently love it and so on. At the price point however I would look at RWD or AWD in a pinch.