Peugeot workshop manual

mick405

Tadpole
Hi. Im looking to buy or download a workshop manual for the peugeot 4007 2.2 HDi. Does anyone know a good website to buy from?
On a side note i have been told that the only oil to run in a modern Peugeot diesel total oil due to other oils causing sensor problems etc. Can anyone shed any light on this?
Cheers

Hi. Im looking to buy or download a workshop manual for the peugeot 4007 2.2 HDi. Does anyone know a good website to buy from?
On a side note i have been told that the only oil to run in a modern Peugeot diesel total oil due to other oils causing sensor problems etc. Can anyone shed any light on this?
Cheers

The Penrite site would give a safe product.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The only 4007 HDI manual I have come across is by Revue Technique Auto. Very well llustrated, BUT it is in French. You can buy a pdf or hard copy. If you have no French, translate.google does a fair job on the pdf text.

With the HDI engines oil spec is critical. The maker specifies Total Quartz Ineo ECS 0-30W, and is dead easy to get and affordable in other states (eg Qld and WA), but has very restricted distribution to dealers and the like in NSW. You can always get it here by courier.

The main criterion is very low ash C2 grade to the PSA specification. There are other makers that conform, most only supply in bulk, like Castrol Professional, but Penrite puts out 5 litre bottles and is easy to find.

It isn't mainly about sensors, but about avoiding the ash of oil combustion clogging up the whole EGR turbo and exhaust systems. This can be very expensive.

I have a 2.0 HDI in my 407 and have been using Penrite since I have had it without any issues . Just make sure you get the correct one . If in doubt give Penrite a call . They are very helpful and know their stuff . Regards Keith