Peugeot Planet & Diagbox

persephone_pug

Tadpole
Hi,
My 2007 207cc has had new coils, spark plugs and a major service replacing oil and all filters. I bought an OBD2 Scanner and it does not come up with any codes nor do I have any message on the dash display BUT it is still hitchy at low speed especially in stop start traffic on freeway. It also surges forward occasionally and I also have been smelling coolant also intermittently with no overheating or drop in coolant level.
This all seems to be worse when the fuel is under half full and I have this tinny noise coming from front passenger side that is worse when I drive under 60k
Does anyone in western Sydney have Peugeot Planet diagbox? I work at Silverwater and live at St Marys but would be willing to drive anywhere in Sydney to have it checked out.
The only codes it has ever thrown were P2178 and P0014 which was 6 months after I bought it nearly four years ago now. It had been garaged for quite a while before I bought it.
Everything that is happening I believe has something to do with air/fuel ratios but want to run Peugeot specific diagnostics on it.

Is it a gt ie turbo cc or just the normal atmo version. Checking the pcv is easy this can cause what you are describing try pulling the oil cap off while running if it sucks on you will need to replace the valve cover. With a standard code reader you should be able to read the live fuel trims in eobd data they should be close to zero a positive number is lean and a negative is rich.

Its a 2007 1.6 vti (88kw) petrol model. Haven't had a chance to check as been out all weekend but thanks for the suggestion. So I can't just replace the PCV valve. It's an integrated unit with the valve cover for this model. Is that right. How much am I looking at to replace?