Peugeot Partner Clear-coat issue

furneauxfrogger

Fellow Frogger
Hi All,
Any advice would be appreciated on how to solve an issue I have with the lack of Clear-coat on the paintwork of my 2010 Peugeot Partner van. I am admittedly quite ignorant re these type of matters. My Partner seems to have no clear-coat over the white paint.The vehicle was bought 2ndhand @ 2yrs of age and was obviously polished at that time. I have read elsewhere that a batch of Partner's/ Berlingo's had this problem.
How do I remedy the problem ?, I intend to keep the vehicle as it has been fantastic, so I am happy to invest some dollars if need be. Is it simply a case of getting it resprayed with clear-coat ? or do I simply "cut back" the paint then just keep it polished ?.
Sorry if it seems like a stupid / ignorant question ! Any advice would be much appreciated.
cheers
Marc

I’ve seen a heap a white partners with this not so many bongos has it gone chalky I would be cautious of cutting it back to much . A cheap respray might be the best long term option.

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Fix it right the first time

Yes it has gone chalky.
I’ve seen a heap a white partners with this not so many bongos has it gone chalky I would be cautious of cutting it back to much . A cheap respray might be the best long term option.

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Fix it right the first time