Peugeot GPS Update for 407

davidtl

VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
Hi Fellows,
The GPS maps in my 2008 407 HDI wagon are now slightly out of date. The discs that came with the car are Navteq On Board 2006/2007 second edition Australia. There are 2 discs in the pack ,one for eastern states and SA and WA on the other disc.
On the label there is the Magneti Marelli logo.
My question is.
Is it possible to obtain and install updates without having to pay dealer prices.
Has anyone had a favourable experience they would like to share.

By the way I love the car and would highly recommend a 407 . It is my seventh Peugeot.

G'day,

no.

I have a couple of street directories under the seat and a BlackBerry for out of the way places. :cool:

Hey Pug206GTI I need something I can use legally while driving.
Has anyone tried a dealer update? Surely I am not the only one wanting up to date maps on my GPS.

I also have a recently purchased 407 and like you wondered if it was possible to update the satnav. Went to local Peugeot dealer and asked, he took down the cars number, my address, phone number and email and said he would get back to me. That was now 3 months ago. Have looked on line but no luck either, hope you have more luck. Cheers Steve

Has anyone had any experience with "Navigation Systems Australia" who offer an upgrade from $100? That is the website mentioned by BIGRR.

After doing some calling around of two highly respected dealers in Melbourne I have decided that it would be foolish to attempt an update without the direct assistance of Peugeot Australia.
Apparently attempting to update has caused some units to fry and require replacement at a cost of around $4000. This is a risk I am not prepared to take.
I have phoned Peugeot Australia. The person on the phone advised me to try another dealer as he was not aware of a problem. I asked to speak to someone further up the tree who might have more technical knowledge but he said all such people are in Malaysia.

Any suggestions?
I am rather glad I did not buy the "one size fits all" for $100 off the web.

Would this mean that the Sat Nav is unfit for purpose?

I've got 2008 pevgeot 407 hdi. I have the same problem. My gps screen is asking for a upgrade cd. Nothing is working due to this problem. My radio or CD player doesn't work due to this and also my climate controls or onboard telephone. My screen is frozen with a pevgeot logo at the back and it says "please insert upgrade cd"
Can anyone help me.

What happened danish?.
Peugeot give me 3 free annual updates for my new 2008 Outdoor.
Why would I bother?.
Seriously manufacturers need to get real!,
I have lifetime free world maps, traffic and speed cameras for my TomTom
So
The inbuilt factory one is superfluous and, in any case, not as well featured.
If I want to plan a complex 'tourist' route the TomTom is much easier.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a 2007 407 Sedan, Twin Turbo 2.7 V6, it's a great car to drive and I forget I am towing whilst driving to the Boat ramp as it drives the same , unlike my previous Petrol car.
I can also drive with the Air conditioning on with out the engine complaining when I am towing and going up a slight hill.
As others have said I too can't get an update for my GPS and I think the Telephone may be linked to the GPS software as it won't make calls or recieve them any more, it does find the Sim card and tries to make calls or SMS but just gives up.
I have found a replacement GPS system that is suited to the 407 Peugeot with the JBL sound system but $700 to replace something that only needs an update is annoying and the New radio doesn't have the Telephone built in but has Bluetooth to use your own Mobile.
I replaced the GPS system in my VW Caddy with a similar unit and it's great, being retired I hate wasting money on something that for the lack of Peugeots business plan would work and do all I need.
CD's these days cost a Dollar each or less and I am willing to pay $100 for a proper update as surely with how many 407's there are would easily cover the cost for Peugeot to keep happy owners happier ;)
My Caddy now only costs me $21 for an update as would the new GPS system if I replaced the standard one in my Peugeot. Over three years later with not a change in site :(
As an update, I went to buy the DVD update from the Link a couple comments up but they said I needed a Firmware update before I could use the DVD, where on Earth do I get the firmware update lol

Last edited:
Unfortunately it’s mag marnelli that caused the issue here psa had a deal to have updates via them and then they pulled the plug. Also the network that the telephone works on is being shut down. Apart from these problems you are running on borrowed time with one of these because the drive will fail same with C5s and 308s with this system.
Getting a android system with car play is the best way forward.

Gone but not forgotten C5 x7 3008 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Fix it right the first time

Last edited: