Peugeot flip key case replacement

UNM

Fellow Frogger
I have a three button peugeot flip key which looks a lot like this:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3-Button-Flip-Remote-Key-Fob-Case-Shell-for-Peugeot-407-307-308-607-CE0523/264070790172

The rubber buttons are completely worn through so I want to replace them.
I ordered a replacement key fob and can't work out how to extract the key blade to move it across without breaking anything.

Sadly, the new case is a slightly different shape, so I can't just replace the front cover with rubber membrance. The membrane doesnt want to come out either.

Any tips?

Looks very similar to my Citroen C5 X7 fob.

Mine like yours had worn the buttons through, like you I grabbed a couple of replacement fobs off ebay.
Had the replacements cut at the local locksmith, opened old and new, swapped the boards in - easy, no programming and all working.

attachment.php

Cheers
Chris

Attachments

• Key Fob.jpg
    Key Fob.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 215
I have just changed over cases on my worst C5 fob this morning.

If you just start close the flip key, you will see that there is a 2mm roll pin that holds the key blade into a rotating socket. I punched out the pin using a 1.5mm punch on both old and new fobs and swapped the key blades then tapped the roll pin back into the new fob.

I gave the electronics a new battery quickly and after cutting away one of the rubber side tabs, managed to get the circuit board to sit against the buttons OK and I snapped the new case together.

It even still works too.

Cheers, Ken

Just been here myself ,with my wifes 307 ,2 buttons, new case and battery ,knocked the pin out and swapped out the blades ,worked fine then she tells me the next day its not working ,checked out the battery connections and the raised negative terminal ,with three legs just fell off the pc board ,had dry joints ,i soldered them back on ,still no go ,then read the owners manual which shows how to re-program the key ,turn ignition on press open for three seconds . Turn off , works a treat ,was just about on my way to the locksmith ,i have changed battery's before with no problems ,but thinking because i had it apart for a while ,i had to program it ,pugs

I have just changed over cases on my worst C5 fob this morning.

If you just start close the flip key, you will see that there is a 2mm roll pin that holds the key blade into a rotating socket.

Well I feel kinda stoopid now.

Saw the roll pin, even read about it elsewhere, but somehow still saw the blade and socket as a single piece. I was trying to get the rotating part out of the case.

Tapped out the roll pin from my old key, lost the pin on the floor of the garage, so was more careful with the new key. Easy enough to reassemble
All back together in the new case. lock/unlock seems fine and way better than having to use a fingernail.

Thanks for the help folks