Peugeot emblems

renweave

Fellow Frogger
Can someone tell me when the Peugeot emblem in the form of the outline of the lion :peugeot: similar to this was used? I'm asking as I am trying to date a Peugeot bike that I looked at today. I am guessing 1980s decade for the bike. If anyone is familiar with these bikes, it is a gents racing frame (Turbolite 103), 10sp Sachs-Huret gears, Weinmann brakes, steel rims. It is definitely younger than my mid 70s 5sp mixte bike, but what I am really looking for is a later model touring Peugeot bike. Anyone know of one for sale??

Well it was on the front of the 505 and 604. I can't remember if the 504 had a solid lion or an outlined one. I generally associate it with the 80s though :whistle:

I believe that possibly be the 306, 206, 406 onwards that would have that type of lion? The wife's S2 505 has the same type of lion as the 504.
I dont know about the 405's.

:cheers:

After some searching on the internet, I've found the bike is from the late 80s. Located a site with Peugeot bike catalogues from various years and discovered bikes with similar stickers to the one I looked at.