Peugeot & Citroen Performance

Hey Nick,

Hang on, Pug Tuner, Brisbane, you can get all sorts of goodies?

**Faints then recovers**

Tell me please Nick (as I cant upload your e-mail me function), these rims you have on the "wheels" page, are these available in the correct offset for the 205 in a 15 inch? In specific reference to wheels number 2,6,12 & 28?

Hooo baby, look at the performance goodies, 306 GTi-6 brakes, Brembo and custom slotted discs, got a price for these? (still saving, but would like to know)Will these fit inside 15 inch rims and do calipers have to be upgraded for these? Fit without modifying?

Finally, are these mods done in Briso or is the car shipped off to Northshore Rally?

Good to see Briso has a Pug Tuner now.

Cheers

Chipper

Hi Chipper,

Yes all those rims will fit into the 205. Um I can email you prices on the custom brakes and no these mods could be done up here. However we like them to be done down in sydney due to the lack of modifications happening in brisvages.

And gibgib, Prices are not posted due to the changing dollar.

Nick Watson
Pug Action

------------------
President of Peugeot GTi Autosport Club of Australia.
http://www.peugeot-gti.com

chipper, these people may help u out with rims for your pug, they are the oz distributor for oz wheels [no pun intended] and are a bit more exciting than wolfrace rims in my opinion. they specialize in 'funny euro offsets like peugeot' so their ads say. the oz polaris looks good on 205's. contact v sport in sydney on 1800 300 506 cheers

------------------

jr,

Cheers for the phone number mate
smile.gif

I thought I saw you yesterday. I was downstairs at my work in the city and caught a glimps of a silver series 1 with clear front indicators and looking low and mean on a big set of rims. I thought, cool, jr and his car, but the rims were totally different to yours, so looks like another silver series one has been done up. Looked great, but I think a 5 spoke pattern didnt look as good as I thought, so a more fancy set will be my pursuit.

Cheers again for the number.

Chipper
smile.gif

Hmm...looks like I got a place to get some goodies.

BTW...to the ppl in Brisbane, where do you guys get your services done?

I went to Peugeotcare at Wooloongabba. Bob there seems really good.

Phasis,
Funny name that, most of my servicing is shared between Ian Reddiex at Euroserve Newstead, (son of everyone knows Jim Reddiex) and Arthur Lewis of A & J Lewis at Wynnum. You may pay a little more but you do get what you pay for..... having said that Bob has been a good source of 03 parts.

Good Luck
Cheers
Chris

Same here, Bob serviced my car for years before I even got it and seems to have a reasonable reputation. jr has also suggested a guy at Browns Plains does work on Pugs and used to be a mechanic for a German Touring Car outfit, so I guess he must know his stuff.

Chip

I used to take my 205 to Maxims but on my last vist to Brissy, bolting through Bowen Hills I didn't see them. Either I was on the wrong street or they've moved (or closed down).
They were pretty good I thought, bit pricey
frown.gif

Think they charged $800 for an 80,000K service....

gibgib,

Maxims have long gone now - however if you go just down the road from where they were (the sreet facing their old premises) you'll find Euroserve which is a couple of doors down from Chevron Prestige Cars (Maxim's old sales force.) Euroserve is run by Ian Reddiex (son of Jim R) spares managed by Col Mainwaring (ex Maxim's) so basically the same outfit.
Another landmark across the road is the Saab dealer. Last time I spoke to them down there, Saab guy was charging $82 per hour & they were competing with him by pushing for more Saab work and charging $70.
That was pre-GST so I would imagine that those prices would have risen substantially by now; which means they possibly may not be still in business. If they were waiting for me to pay those prices to get a new oil filter & a set of plugs fitted they wouldn't be
tongue.gif
:

Alan S

I actually bought my S16 from Chevron. As this was basically my 1st purchase from a commercial outlet I probably made some mistakes by showing too much enthusiasm for the car, can you blame me :)
Anyway I was refered to Peugeotcare through the Pug Club of QLD. It was supposed to be a 110,000km service, however Bob picked up on several problems and only charged about $55/hour labor.
1) The variable inlet track vacume actuators were not working at all, causing a substantial loss in power below 4000rpm, and also making the engine very uneven in power delivery.
2) Bolts on one of the RH axle bearings were not installed...not impressed. Kev Fain motors apparently gave it a $120 road worthy pre-purchase, Cya Kev.

Anyway, now a part of the vacume amplifier which connects the intake actuators, brake booster and another pipe wich goes into the intake has broken, which puts me back to square 1 in power. Rang Bob and he said to bring it in that Friday night...5.30. He tried to sort out the part and make a temp fix for it till 6.30pm that night, and did not ask for any money, but the part is Ex-France, 12 working days... :-( No power till then.

Needless to say from my short experience these guys seem good and I will keep going back there.

------------------
1995 306 S16