Peugeot 505 Series II Turbo Diesel

120L

Fellow Frogger
Hi

I've been researching the 505 Turbo Diesels and there was two 2.5 litre Turbo Diesels in the Series II. One hsd 204NM of torque and the other 235NM of torque.

What I can't find is which one was sold here.

Or were they sold here?

Any information would be great.

Regards

Alan

I think we only got the 204nm version.

I've actually just bought an '88 GTD, and I've really been enjoying it so far. Certainly not what you'd call 'fast', but it can keep up with traffic without issue.

I think we only got the 204nm version.

I've actually just bought an '88 GTD, and I've really been enjoying it so far. Certainly not what you'd call 'fast', but it can keep up with traffic without issue.
Do you have any photos?

A diesel wasn't my first choice, but given the condition of the car and it's proximity to me I thought it was too good to pass up. A few people on here might recognise it... I was told that it used to be owned by a few Pug Club of Vic members.

IMG_20200706_141018.jpg

A diesel wasn't my first choice, but given the condition of the car and it's proximity to me I thought it was too good to pass up. A few people on here might recognise it... I was told that it used to be owned by a few Pug Club of Vic members.

View attachment 123233
Tom

Thanks

That's a beautiful car.

I'm tossing up between my next classic being a 504 or a 505 but I'm thinking diesel if I go 505 because while the 504 is a real classic in every sense of the word the 505 petrol cars didn't really break new ground. The diesels however did.

Thanks!

If it's not going to be an 'everyday' car, I'd go a 504 any day of the week. While the 505s are a great vehicle, they lack the 'Frenchness' of a 504.

But if it's going to be a daily, the 505 is a better option, with things like power steering, integrated A/C and slightly better parts availability.

Currently it has 205/60 R15's, but the 'correct' size is 195/60 R15

Thanks.

Currently, mine has 195/60 R15 which is the factory recommended size. I intend to change them to superior or higher quality brand, but can't find the size in such brands. Even searched for 205/55 and 205/60 and didn't see. The available brand with 195/60 R15 are inferior Chinese tyres, which is what I currently have on the car. The only available size in quality brand is 195/65 R15. Sadly, will have to go for it, the 195/65 R15.

Ikenna351, Lion King - Monk.

235Nm was the XD3TE engine, which has an intercooler, which wasn't available in RHD as the intercooler and brake system would have occupied the same space.

Having said that, there is nothing stopping you from adding an intercooler and winding the boost and fueling up in the XD3T. I used to run 25psi all day every day in my XD3T wagon with FMIC, and it was a happy camper!