Peugeot 504 ute brake help needed

kiwia110

Fellow Frogger
I have acquired a 504 ute (pick up here in Pomland). The handbrake cables were all removed by a previous and new cables present, but I have a feeling there are some bits either missing or?
this is a late model (1988 ) with the handbrake between the seat and the door. Can anyone please help with the lay out?
What I have is the front cable with threaded end, RH cable has a fitting fixed to the end which also has a slot which appears to be for a nipple end, which the left hand cable has.
Is there supposed to be something which goes between the front cable and the rears joined together? If I have that thought correct.

You could try searching the parts manuals listed on the Peugeot Museum’s website.

https://www.museepeugeot.com/en/aventure-peugeot-museum/peugeot-classic-spare-parts.html

Unfortunately the manuals are in French, but a picture is worth a thousand words, so the saying goes.
I’d be surprised, if they aren’t listed under the brake section (section 4?)
Alternatively, someone here my have an English version of the manual and could scan/copy the relevant pages for you.
Cheers
Dano

Last edited:
Thanks Dano, I have no bother with technical French (better than my my conversational) Yes what I need is there, shame I can't enlarge it, but now I know what I'm looking for (sort of).
Thanks, I didn't know these existed.

The LOST Rhys I assume!!? My 504 Pick Up is 1988 & handbrake though effective has a shitty little ratchet just by the seat which plays up. Mine is all the original though so I will access some pics for you. I did have a Fische parts card too but suspect I may have ditched that as I had no reader. Dave D

The LOST Rhys I assume!!? My 504 Pick Up is 1988 & handbrake though effective has a shitty little ratchet just by the seat which plays up. Mine is all the original though so I will access some pics for you. I did have a Fische parts card too but suspect I may have ditched that as I had no reader. Dave D
Hi Dave, not LOST, I have known where I am most of the time :)
Still playing Pugs. The missing bit would appear to be the bit between front and rear cables. i'm heading up Yorkshire way to see a man with parts next week, so will see what comes out of his stache. Wheel nut needed too! (No equivalent of WOF without that) I can get one without the driver side window working though.

Kiawa ok so what I have on my 504 ute is the cable from the rear drums from left and right is one cable in a loop, which fits into a horse shoe shape half pipe. From the hand brake it self is one cable which comes around the fuel tank down to a threaded ends which fits into the horse shoe bracket holding the rear drum cable which has a nut to adjust the tension which is houses on the torque tube.

Hope this helps,