Peugeot 504 TI/Injection register

Just seen this post!
I have a 1987 504 pick up with a 2lt TI motor going thru to a BA7/5 gearbox with a TI diff.centre ," it came to Australia as a diesel and I brought it in Canberra as above!! Since then, I'll used a 505 S/W rear axels and drum brakes, 604 front brakes with 504 hubs. running TI rims . Been using it as my daily driver for 5 years now and runs very well. It will take any load and then some!

I know this post is old, but I wanted to add mine to the list. I've recently acquired a 76 Ti, which was in the hands of a 92 year old since 1978...so I don't imagine it's on the register. I guess it's possible though. Can anyone help with ID of colour or other details? Is the ti assembled in Australia, or France? It's a manual, but has had a BA7/5 upgrade at some point.

Pug1.jpgPug2.jpgPug3.jpg

Avocado green?

Not sure about French assembled 504s but the Australian assembled ones have a largish plate in the engine bay mounted just behind the strut tower top specifying various things including where in Australia it was made.

It looks like a very nice 504.

Thanks Peter,

I didn't think I'd ever own another 504 (owned my first in 1996, 3 others since then), but then this came up. I plan to hold onto this for a long time! Absolutely stoked it's a Ti.

Tis are a bit thin on the ground these days and to find a good one such as this makes you one very lucky person. By the way, my father grew up in Greenlane.

Greenlane is not too far from us, we're on the North Shore in Auckland.

Yes, I'm lucky to have found it...I'm still pinching myself. Sometimes I think cars choose us, rather than the other way around. My dad spotted it, and the following day we'd bought it. He had one new when I was a kid, hence my lifelong fascination with these things. I must admit I haven't seen it in the flesh yet!

I actually owned the last TI sold in NSW. It was the same Advocado green and was immaculate and with only 50,000 km on it in 1982? when I bought it. It was like new with a perfect service history and had been babied BUT compared to my 1972 injection it was a dog! It was course, noisey, poorly finished and such a disappointment compared to the earlier one. I only kept it for a year. I suspect that the air con. unit was the source of a lot of the courseness At the same time my wife had a 79 carby 504 on which I replaced the twin carbs with a Weber and a good exhaust. It was so much smoother than the TI. We sold that after 12 years and I bought it back 15 years later and kept it for another 4-5 years! [ and it is still going]. What the injected cars had was great torque off idle and the ability to rev close to 7000rpm. I well remember putting 180 miles away in 2 hours one day in South Aust before the days of radar! Nevertheless I could be tempted back into one!

I'm really hoping this one drives as well as my old Ti. That one was a 75, white, with cloth tombstone style seats and it had the earlier brass badged grille. I owned that car from 96 till 99. It was an absolutely gorgeous drive...but unfortunately no other 504 I've since driven was as nice. I remember it's ability to rev was surprising...it was deceptively quick.

1974 TI... "Joseph"

I have a 1974 TI in "Trak Yellow".

I am attempting to get it into running order. Originally bought as a source of spares for my white 1971 504 rally car. I found it had almost no rust and the chassis was straight. Interior was reasonable and only the front seats needed attention. The boot mat and interior carpet was cactus but I was able to source a complete, brand new interior carpet set. I made a new back shelf to house a new stereo. New retractable seat belts for the front with a new bracket and a steering wheel glove made the interior refurbishment.

All the corners had been dinged so I did a bit of panel-beating and then resprayed the repairs with "Trak Yellow" acrylic paint spraypacks sourced from a car paint dealer. These were supposed to match the original, but the paint on the car had aged/oxidised to a darker yellow. Hence I call the car "Joseph" because it has a 'technicolour' yellow dream coat!

The car is nearly ready to re-register in Victoria and I shall put it on a Club Permit.

Have 2 1974 ti Trak yellow and a Sungold with ba 10/5 a lovely ride after modern billy carts !!

And ditto. My late father's treasured Trak Yellow 1974 TI currently resides here.

I have had several over the years. I currently have a 73 cabriolet i imported 10 years ago.I fitted a BA10 5 speed box and power steering. My first was a 69 mod i bought in UK in 73 and brought back here.It was cheep as it was used in the 69 RAC rally then returned to road car. I drove it on trips to the arctic circle and morocco .It had good quality velour seat inserts unlike later ones and a sunroof that ran on wheels instead of the plastic slides on later models.I eventually sold it because of rust appearing and have had a few other TIs over the years including a CAB in the 80/s

I have had several over the years. I currently have a 73 cabriolet i imported 10 years ago.I fitted a BA10 5 speed box and power steering. My first was a 69 mod i bought in UK in 73 and brought back here.It was cheep as it was used in the 69 RAC rally then returned to road car. I drove it on trips to the arctic circle and morocco .It had good quality velour seat inserts unlike later ones and a sunroof that ran on wheels instead of the plastic slides on later models.I eventually sold it because of rust appearing and have had a few other TIs over the years including a CAB in the 80/s

Like Julian, I have a 1972 Cabriolet. In the family from 1983. (Dad had a 304S Cabriolet too for a few years) Car brought to Australia, and (as per another thread!, going through some excitement on oil / petrol falling from the clutch area :) Car has the original 4 speed box... I'd be very interested to get your perspective on the 5 speed box and drivability etc. mike

If your 4 speed has no problems dont think about changing it. I changed mine because the original box sometimes jumped out of gear while driving and leaked oil .I put in another 4 speed and that was noisy and also leaked oil. When I fitted the BA10/5 I had to shave a bit off the inside of the extension to get it to mate up with the torque tube. Now it drives well with no problems .

4 speed is a better box, quieter better shift and more reliable

Interesting reading about the 504's. I've had 3 over the years and all were terrific cars. However I now have Renault 16 TS in Avocado green and one in Sungold (which is along term project) but the green one is well under way. But can't find a paint code for Avocado anywhere. The label under the bonnet is long gone. Can anyone assist?

1x red 1979 504 cabriolet which is for sale.
1x 1971 Injection sadly rusty green
1x 1974 white Ti known as Mrpug restored
1x 1976 LTI with a v6 2850 triple ida webers silver
1x74 ti parts car flamingo pink painted yellow
1x 77 ti parts car copper colour
1x 74 Ti rally car converted to megasquirt 130hp atw white

Last edited: