Peugeot 504 speedo drive gear wanted

Madame Peugeot

Tadpole
Hi there,

I'm looking for a speedo drive gear for 1976 Peugeot 504 LTI please. Can anyone help?

Thanks so much and best wishes,

Madame P

different colors denote the ratio , what color is Ti plastic gear ?

LTi would be auto? I think auto and manual use different speedo gears, probably different diff ratios too.

But with the top gear gearbox output being 1:1 for both manual and auto wouldn't the speedo drive instead be related to the diff ratio?

I should have mentioned my LTI is a 5 speed manual conversion, the speedo cable comes out of the driver's side and there are two drain plugs in the gear box, if that helps...

OK, so you have a BA7/5 gearbox. Are you trying to replace a failed speedo gear, or trying to get the speedo to read correctly?

TRY IANROBBO IN PARTS FOR SALE OR WANTED, OR LEWIN PARTRIDGE IN BRIS ON 0733534448 SEEMS YOU MAY HAVE TO REMOVE OLD ONE AND STATE THE COLOUR ,AS THERE ARE DIFFERENT RATIOS / COLOURS , DEPENDING ON THE DIFF GEARING ,PUGS

I have a box full of speedo drive gears NOS just need to know what colour yours is .

It's not as simple as it might seem. BA7/4 and BA7/5 use different pitch speedo gears depending on year. Colour alone won't sort you out. Put an early 4 speed speedo gear into a 5 speed and it will chew out almost instantly.
Assuming you have a standard diff ratio (3.78:1 for Ti/LTi), you will struggle to find a the correct gear for your combo. Unless there is an inline gearbox that's been fitted to the speedo cable somewhere?

Sounds like your safest bet is to mail your existing one to IanRobbo so he can match it up exactly, pitch, number of teeth and colour.

have you considered, as demannu says, the one that is in there, is stuffed because its the wrong one , it appears as if ,we need to determine which is supposed to be in that box ,or a couple of options ,