Peugeot 504 from Serbia

Wow....I'm impressed at all the work you have put in, Dishaka. Great stuff !

Last edited:
Thank you Beano, but this is not some work, what should be .... I hope that soon there will be better and interesting works :)

:party:

Going to print them, are you ?

Dishaka may not be looking at this thread regularly. It may be best to send him an email or Private Message.

Nop
Mine are still doing fine. :dance:
But I'd keep them for any probable future need.
:party:

Going to print them, are you ?

Dishaka may not be looking at this thread regularly. It may be best to send him an email or Private Message.

Someone had multiple sets of engine bay stickers reprinted and offered them on ebay a few years ago. I have a set

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

hi to all
first for all just wow! amazing work!!
I have Peugeot 504 GR 1983 what is the best sprak plugs ?
where to you buy air filter ? and the make

Thanks for the help in advance

works started again :) yesterday, entered the garage, adjust the door, a little welding ... tomorrow maybe the other side... I chose color, I'm sure 98%, It's not original, but I like it a lot.... color is Arancio Borealis ( https://i.pinimg.com/originals/8f/52/66/8f5266732b820d712b978eb3ece28515.jpg )
IMG_20180808_204626_resized_20180809_080102617.jpg
to be continued... :cheers:

What are you doing about the drain holes at the bottom corners of the front windscreen, Dishaka ?

I can see that you have filled that area with something pink-coloured. Did you weld plates underneath that ?

Water needs to drain out the bottom. So there are a few options : you can put in tubes to take it out to somewhere better than where it currently goes, or make slots for it to drain out immediately. Renault 12s had slots, and they worked well. You could hardly see them.

In one 504 I had, put in tubes because rust will always form where the water currently goes. But I think slots are better. I did that on another 504 and they were easy to create.

You can't just seal up the windscreen completely. It may seem a good idea but I have been told that rust will always form there later.

And whatever you do, you will always need to squirt in fish oil or or something like semi-liquid grease BEHIND that panel to stop the existing rust there from spreading.

I'm glad to help. I'm not an expert, but I have fixed a few 504s. And made a few mistakes :trouslap:

I mentioned that pink area because that is where holes appear, due to rust....at the bottom outside corners of the windscreen.
Often people put filler on top of the hole. But it is best to weld metal over the holes (and put filler on top of that) because the whole top of the car moves (very slightly) when you are driving it. And then the filler cracks.

Good luck with fitting plastic drain tubes. The top of the tube has to be joined on to the metal (or the filler) somehow, but I'm sure you have an idea about how to do that best. And the bottom of the tube ? It needs to go further away from where the water used to go. It is like we are improving on the original design.

That Presto looks like good stuff. But what about inside the panel, where you cannot see ? Underneath that pink area ? There will be rust in there. There is always rust inside. I have found that after doing all the rust repairs and painting, that if I drill small holes somewhere, I can squirt some fish oil (or spray grease) INSIDE that panel. That stops rust from continuing. And it lasts for many, many years. It's an old car restorer's trick.

Good thinking !

And that wax looks good, but they say it needs to be applied with a special spray gun.

I often just use white lithium grease in a spray can.

to apply wax from this container you need the spray gun that screws on to it .You can spray the inside of sills by fitting a long flexible nozzle to the gun putting this inside thru holes in the wheel arches which can be plugged later with grommets .The can needs to be well stirred .If you are doing a lot of spraying you will need many cans as they empty quickly .For the windscreen area you need something like fishoil in a low pressure spray can.

Works slowly progressing ...I was expecting faster work :( ... but it's work ...
the panel of the door was bad, One panel I saved and we have to replace the part around the lock...
IMG_20180901_132538_resized_20180903_103725784.jpgIMG_20180901_132545_resized_20180903_103726955.jpg
Otherwise, the doors are wrinkled...
more works
IMG_20180828_202642_resized_20180903_103728965.jpgIMG_20180828_202738_resized_20180903_103730328.jpg
and pictures of the other day :) ... but it reminds me of the car :)
IMG_20180829_191425_resized_20180903_103728296.jpgIMG_20180829_191437_resized_20180903_103727618.jpg
:cheers: