Peugeot 504 broken bell housing

Judders

Tadpole
I was trying to remove clutch slave cylinder which had seized into bell housing. After soaking in WD40 for several days I have given it a good wack and removed it along with a chunk of the bell housing.
Is it worth trying to repair or is engine and gearbox out and replace bell housing?
I think I know the answer.....

I was trying to remove clutch slave cylinder which had seized into bell housing. After soaking in WD40 for several days I have given it a good wack and removed it along with a chunk of the bell housing.
Is it worth trying to repair or is engine and gearbox out and replace bell housing?
I think I know the answer.....
probably depends on size and location of broken piece, you can remove bellhousing from front of gearbox with gearbox in situ,just be aware of possible shims in front of input and countershaft bearings. maybe a photo of damage may help.... jim

Thanks Jim for your reply. Basically it's taken out the piece where slave sits and small triangle area around it. Having walked away for a couple of hours I'm feeling a bit better about it and I'm resigned to having to remove the motor as a minimum. Oh well, practice makes perfect. The slave is solidly attached but I'll try and remove it cleanly from the broken bit of bell housing. Maybe small chance I can weld it back somehow.

Worst case scenario is that you'll need to get another bell housing, and there should some around.

Had exactly the same problem , had the local mobile welding service weld it back together in situ , on a four post hoist . Excellent repair no ongoing problems.

Thanks Rally, I was hoping someone had done that before. That will be my first course of action then. If it fails I'll replace it.
Cheers